98 YKX - Triumph TR4 RHD, red, first registered July 1962 ..

Bfg

98 YKX - Triumph TR4 RHD, red, first registered July 1962 .. Anyone know this car or anything of its registration number.  Wondering if perhaps that was carried over from a sidescreen TR or other Triumph model ?

I'm enquiring on behalf of John, a gentleman who recently bought the car (in the Manchester area), and who I've encouraged to join the club

cheers, Pete

Pretty TS2 but the fit or styling of the rear arch skirt seems horrid.  Windscreen looks well raked back too. ? 

I must admit I've always been rather disappointed by Heritage certificates, and now the cost seems suddenly to have gone up so much (..so much for the efficiency of data processing in the 21st century.!), they don't seem to offer very good value. 

After-all what does it tell you ..that the VIN plate & body plates, in combination with log book, doesn't  ..essential whether it left the factory with wire wheels, a heater, a radio, or a surrey top ? and then which dealer it went to.  Even the V5 tells me that the car was first registered on 24th July 1962, that there have been seven registered keepers in the UK, so it wasn't exported.  The car has overdrive and correctly the number ends in a  -O and the body plate tells me what the original colour was.   no ?

And the DVLA - MOT check tells me something more about its history / annual mileage between 2006 and 2016.