'Extreme' exhaust fumes ??

Jeffds1360

I was just reversing off the drive to go for a run in the sun when my wife, returning from shopping, walked round the corner a hundred yards away. Naturally I stopped to speak with her

All she could say was "you can smell that car a mile away"

I interrogated her as to what she could smell..... all I got was ' exhaust fumes'. Not petrol, not oil not 'hot' just 'exhaust'.....

Is this an inherent thing with small triumphs or should I check my mixture again? (Plugs are chocolate brown, vacuum is 18, revs at 750, compression is 136+/- 2, oil is clean and I'm not loosing any)

Wimin!!!??? Sometimes a pain, sometimes useful :)

yes lean it off 1/'4 to 1/2 a turn should improve the whiff and may raise the vac to 19   18-21 was my idea of ok  you could advance it a little more 

and lean it even more if you head for the 20s  21 might be a step too far   CD/SU seem to run lower figures tah a fixed jet carb

Doug gets his biccies from waitrose   so thats a posh brown 

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

yes lean it off 1/'4 to 1/2 a turn should improve the whiff and may raise the vac to 19   18-21 was my idea of ok  you could advance it a little more 

and lean it even more if you head for the 20s  21 might be a step too far   CD/SU seem to run lower figures tah a fixed jet carb

Doug gets his biccies from waitrose   so thats a posh brown 

1/4 turn can make quite a difference, small steps are better. 

I get my Digestives from M&S. They have them made at the McVitie factory in Glasgow which is now closing so I hope they will still be made in the UK!

Iain 

5 minutes ago, Jeffds1360 said:

:)

16281721058452868459588498871994.jpg

All production going abroad as dictated by the Turkish multinational owners. 

I'm boycotting the brand, the same factory has been in Glasgow since Culloden! We are the biccie nation of the world.... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul H said:

All classics leave petrol vapour smell If  I follow a classic you can smell the fumes

Does that mean we are running our cars too rich or they just leak?

So (sneakily re-hijacking the thread) our plugs must be the McVities dark chocolate digestive colour rather than the classic digestive or even leaning towards rich Tea.

That's ok for you with 'Imperial biscuits' but of course here we are 'Metric Biscuits' so I should be aiming for :

245052767_tlchargement.jpg.97348ee05a30076089ec04dd3b50b364.jpg

1 minute ago, Chris A said:

That's ok for you with 'Imperial biscuits' but of course here we are 'Metric Biscuits' so I should be aiming for :

245052767_tlchargement.jpg.97348ee05a30076089ec04dd3b50b364.jpg

My Cholesterol level didn't like those, I did😋

Sorry Pete I'm a biccie fan but love the smell of Castrol R better than petrol. 

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, dark chocolate or milk?

My plugs are more bon bon coloured.

I'll have a play tomorrow but will need petrol and the price seems to have increased by more than inflation. 

At least we are nearly free of restrictions.  Maybe too early.

Thank you for returning to the thread. I'm jumping between Olympics, flog it and tipping point