E10 resistant fuel hose

jagnut66

1 hour ago, clive said:

That reminds me of teh demise of proper creosote.

1 hour ago, 68vitesse said:

So you end up spending more money on the substitute

I buy the brown 'creosote' from B & Q and mix in my old engine oil, which I save. Nothing wants to eat my wooden sheds after that................

27 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I've only ever been into a McDo once.

Much prefer Burger King. Now are there any animal rights protesters about?..............😉😄

Best wishes,

Mike.

5 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Mike - Which oil do you recommend to mix with synthetic creosote for shed protection. Hypoid, mineral, synthetic.... Oh no, what am I saying!!!

Let it 'mature' in the engine first until it's good 'n' black.........😉

3 hours ago, Steve P said:

I  have noticed spongy braided hose on my Vitesse from the front copper pipe to the filter before the carbs.anyone know what diameter i would need to replace the lot,my cars don`t live at home here so i can`t check easily.MK 1 2.5 Vitesse and 1500 Herald.

Steve

mk2 vitesse and spit 1500 are 5/16, or 8mm in modern money. Heralds were 1/4 from memory. You may need both sizes? But afraid you may need to check to see what you have.

1 hour ago, Badwolf said:

Mike - Which oil do you recommend to mix with synthetic creosote for shed protection. Hypoid, mineral, synthetic.... Oh no, what am I saying!!!

Just don't use any EP oil. Unless you hate your neighbors and yourself. Probably attracts cats too.

1 hour ago, jagnut66 said:

I buy the brown 'creosote' from B & Q and mix in my old engine oil, which I save. Nothing wants to eat my wooden sheds after that................

Much prefer Burger King. Now are there any animal rights protesters about?..............😉😄

Best wishes,

Mike.

Been there even less often than McDo

2 hours ago, clive said:

mk2 vitesse and spit 1500 are 5/16, or 8mm in modern money. Heralds were 1/4 from memory.

Mk1 Vitesse are 1/4" all through, as are roundtail Spitfires. I think Mk2 Vitesse and late Spitfires are 5/16" only up to the pump, then 1/4" to the carbs.

Both cars have electric pumps in the boot.I remember on the 2014 RBRR in my Herald,we started losing power under load,really annoying.Ended up replacing pipes on a rainy night near Aberdeen in a layby,using a scissor jack to get underneath,fault turned out to be a 3 inch piece joining 2 copper pipes under the side of the car,it was sucking in air.(we did complete the run).

Not too bothered about E10 yet as i only use Shell V Power (£1.48 a Litre,ouch)still E5.

Steve