Insurance agreed value form

andycouchman_5147

Andy - I had exactly the same trouble. I think it was Dick that helped me out too. Why there is not a link for 'downloads' is beyond me. Some parts of the website are not very user friendly or even up to date (local area stuff), but at least we have a website rather than just a farcebook page, like some.

I think that I copied mine into Photoshop, filled it in, saved, and emailed them back. I think it can be done with a PDF reader maybe Acrobat, but I use several. Maybe copied it into Word and printed it to PDF. I will check up if it will help anyone. Whatever you do, as Clive says, it's a nuisance.

17 hours ago, Badwolf said:

even up to date (local area stuff)

Some 'organisers' should be embarrassed by this.  Recently in some good weather and with a bit of time thought I would drive to a different local area meet after COVID easing.  Check website and proclaiming first meeting was on 20 July and the venue so off i go.  After a pleasant hours drive find the pub and a Bond, also a  visitor from elsewhere, only to find the pub closed.  Apparently he had told the regulars on Facebook.  Two hours plus of my life will not get back and a bad advert fro the Club.

Dick  

DT - I must agree with you. I have been banging on about this on various threads for ages but nobody at HQ takes a great deal of notice. Better to have a marker on the first page of the area entry to say this section is not up to date than out of date info directing people to venues that haven't seen a Triumph for years and not just because of C-19.

the area directory in the website is updated by a signed on AO  for the area 

you do have to notify nigel or bern to get the courier entry corrected  

Ive just done mine for a new pub last month it updates the map etc  from your post codes 

its not rocket science 

on the old  lost  website i spent a few days tic tacking to get all areas up to date as those in charge didnt know how to

but i dont have or want any access these days 

and the best place for FB is in the .....................!

Pete

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

the area directory in the website is updated by a signed on AO  for the area

I volunteered to update another AOs website data, but he's still unable to supply me his password. I don't understand why the current web masters can't do what Pete did.

It took me a while to pursued HQ that "The Shire Horse near Maidenhead" wasn't quite accurate enough. :lol:

Doug 

AOs have speciial access to their area where when they log  on  they can update venues  add area news and events 

is down to the AO to get it uptodate and Nigel and the webmaster to log the AO as being one 

As  AO  you also get 10% off shop prices as a 'perk' but the data base of AOs has to be uptodate  

Pete

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Pete, You know, that I know, that you know, that I know that. :lol:  My point, and I think BWs, is that you proactively got the major details corrected, but there doesn't appear to be any proactive-ism at HQ  currently. Doug

I just have a pet hate of websites that are out of date. The whole point of them, to my view, is that they give up to date information in real time. Price lists, venues, menus everything that can change quickly. Too many people rely on farcebook which many (yes,clime me) don't like or use, but it's the great god in so many people's eyes. If you are going to have a web presence, it must be kept up to date or scrub it. As far as I can tell, in the North West, there is only Cheshire that has an up to date web page (I will update if incorrect). Lancashire has not been at the listed venue for several years, unless they have returned. Manchester has not had an AO for many months but the venue was out of date when there was one and still is. Liverpool I don't know about the venue, nor Cumbria. Many AO profiles (not all) are not completed and much of the 'area news' is more like ancient history. I will at this point apologise to those who do keep their pages current and up to date and thank them for the time that they take. I have no idea about the venues for the rest of the country, but dipping in to various areas, it looks to be very similar. The web site is a great resource, but if it is not kept up to date, as DickT found out, it just becomes an embarrassment. The only use I have for it is as a gateway to the shop site (oh, no, I won't start on that) and to give me something to moan about. Before someone makes comment about staff, AOs, and the time and money taken to set it up, I know all about that (I am a webmaster myself, and had clarity, ease of use and updating drummed into me from the start) but it still needs to be up to date. The HQ webmaster must have override and update privileges in case having to update a page because of, say a bereavement, etc. Maybe it would have been a good lock down project for the club COM. Now that I have upset many AOs around the country....rant over.. for now.

2 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I just have a pet hate of websites that are out of date. The whole point of them, to my view, is that they give up to date information in real time. 

Everytime I need some rare part or other I search the Net, find a photograph - exactly the thing I need, gets my hopes up - then I click on it, only to get this page:

1258299623_ScreenShot2021-08-22at15_42_53.jpg.6594a3cbd6589d0e8b34b1a179e4d966.jpg

The most detestable out of date page on the Net, but it happens regularly, and some of the items are from listings ten years old. Why are they never erased?

2 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Now that I have upset many AOs around the country

And that is the key point, it's not up to the HQ to be checking it's down to the AO's pride of ownership.  They volunteer and so one would have thought.....or maybe not.  I wonder, whimsically of course, how many AOs (beyond Doug and Pete) look at the Forum.

1 hour ago, Dick Twitchen said:

I wonder, whimsically of course, how many AOs (beyond Doug and Pete) look at the Forum.

Dave Rumens, Tom Hartley, Nigel Hill, Sue Franklin, Darren Groves and certainly some I've missed

1 hour ago, Dick Twitchen said:

And that is the key point, it's not up to the HQ to be checking it's down to the AO's pride of ownership. 

Sorry, completely wrong.  Yes it's up to the AOs, but it's up to HQ to ensure they're doing it. The chain of command, Top Dog bites No1, who bites No2 etc 

Doug

Do any of the regular contributors here actually attend the AGM, and I don't mean Pete L or Doug B? I seriously wondered about some sort of forum spokesperson who actually knew their way around at HQ and knew members of the COM. Please don't shoot the messenger of this one, it was only a vague idea. I can imagine some of the comments which this post will form. Only constructive responses please.

As a suggestion...

There needs to be somebody who does the "website liaison" job. The people who run the website are unlikely to want to deal directly with members. 

And if I am correct, this forum is totally unconnected to the club website. 

I do the liaison job for another club. It has its moments..... but I was lucky enough (I say that now) to have to job of getting a complete website built to our spec. And being a long term user of club forums and websites, I had a good idea of how I wanted it to work. Some "bidders" for the actual work had their own ideas, but didn't really understand what we wanted. And how complex some of the things we wanted really was. ie online entry for events is a nightmare, especially when you want people to be able to alter entries after they have been paid for. (eg a rally, change car or other team member)

Clive - I agree. As the club actively promotes the forum on the main menu of the website along with farcebook, titter etc., then the club should take notice of worries, problems etc raised on the forum and other platforms which it promotes and have some type of media crossover liaison type person reporting back to the COM.

Hi All, I keep an eye on the forum most days, if you have anything that you feel needs attention let me know.

We are all volunteers and have full time jobs but do our best.

If any one has some free time or expertise we are always open to help or fresh ideas.

The forum is important to the Tssc as are the other digital platforms 

Cheers  Chris 

10 hours ago, Triumph948 said:

......I keep an eye on the forum most days, if you have anything that you feel needs attention let me know.... Cheers Chris

Sorry but something is missing here. I would have though that any serious comments posted here or on any of the other social media platforms that the club promotes, which are causing obvious problems to members, like the club shop on-line pages, poor web-site info etc., would automatically be brought to the attention of the COM if a member of the COM actually reads them.  I am a volunteer for a local charity and many times have brought 'casual necessities' to the charity committee to be dealt with, without the need for formal representation because it needed doing, and to do nothing pending that representation, would have caused physical problems (slipped roof tile) or made to the charity look bad (website typos/content etc). I know what it's like to be a unpaid volunteer with too much to do and not enough people/time to do it but if you are running an organisation for the good of others it needs to be done well, having your 'finger on the pulse' (sorry, hateful phrase but sums up my own situation if not others) and dealing with things as the need arises, not waiting for a formal list of complaints from members for the next meeting. Yes, it is very easy to critise, but in this case it's from personal experience, not just a case of 'somebody should do something'. 

15 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Do any of the regular contributors here actually attend the AGM, and I don't mean Pete L or Doug B?

I only went once, dragged Uncle Pete along, he didn't want to go, they gave him a prize! Didn't give me a prize. :angry:

But seriously it's worth it, particularly if you've never been to HQ, see the the stuff, put faces to names and sample Angie's Chilli Con Carenage. 

Actually I've been twice, 2nd time took my brother (unimpressed, he walked out of the main event and retired to the bar) and Pete who immediately diagnosed my modern had dodgy front disks.

Doug