Vitesse 1600/6 (Late) Spin Off Oil Filter Adapter

martyn wright

there is i think  only the std 6cyl  kit  club shop sell and others for this 

the snag with the 1600 and early mk1   is the  free fow  open vented  crankcase breather which needs to be modified 

to clear to adaptor we made one from plumbing fittings but a hose with a elbow would also work ok 

P1010008 (2).JPG

When ever I see that breather assembly I wonder what tortured mind thought it up! OR a bit of artwork, ain't Yorkshire joints and pipework the most useful things, I've used them on the Vitesse heater inlet/outlets to install a bleed valve and change the pipe direction so alternative rubber pipes can be used, on both the Spit and Vitesse the under manifold cooling pipe was replaced with annealed copper and at the back of the engine for bends and tee's to connect to the manifold heater pipe and heater connections, on a Jag XJ in the mid 80's when the heater core failed and had to be replaced so as to avoid having to remove the whole heater, only the core, but I had to cut and refix new inlet/outlet pipes.

I saw a kit recently advertised for making exhaust extractors that consisted of multiple and various plastic pipe type fittings that you could assemble into a one off fitting exhaust arrangement then use to copy in steel, very ingenious!

19 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

there is i think  only the std 6cyl  kit  club shop sell and others for this 

the snag with the 1600 and early mk1   is the  free fow  open vented  crankcase breather which needs to be modified 

to clear to adaptor we made one from plumbing fittings but a hose with a elbow would also work ok 

P1010008 (2).JPG

LH corner?, Cat?. What is it with animals?. When ever you want to take a photograph (Or wet cement) they have to be "in".?

Pete