GT6 Mk1. To buy? At £22k?

chrishawley

17 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Mine was! I actually wrote to them and asked is this OK? They said "Yes" However, it was changed a couple of years ago, your car can now only legally be SORN or taxed. Or seized and crushed! :)

I would strongly advise anyone whose car isn't taxed or SORN to sort it out, SORN costs nothing.

It's also an amazingly complicated system for a newly purchased car. No I don't have the V11 reminder, I don't have the V5 tax book - it's been sent off by the previous owner - and I can't declare SORN until they receive that bit and mark me down as the new owner. How long does that take? I can't tax it until I get the MOT, next available appointment is 16th October.

In the meantime the vehicle is neither licensed nor SORNed. That's an offence. Ever tried arguing with Swansea when they hit you with a fine for not taxing a vehicle? Last time, they fined me a fiver - no loss of revenue so they couldn't hit me with a percentage, but I also couldn't make them understand that I could neither tax it or declare it SORN as I didn't have the V5 yet.

"When did you buy it? What date is it now? Where has it been in between? You never told us that." But I tried...

6 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I don't have the V5 tax book - it's been sent off by the previous owner

The V5 has a perforated bit which should be detached, one bit goes to Swansea and one bit goes with the new owner. I would've thought you having SO MANY cars you'd know that! :lol:

Doug

48 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

The V5 has a perforated bit which should be detached, one bit goes to Swansea and one bit goes with the new owner. I would've thought you having SO MANY cars you'd know that! :lol:

Doug

Yes, but you can't declare the car SORN unless you're the registered owner, so I can't do it online. That tear-off bit  - the V5C/2 - cannot be used to declare SORN and currently the V5 is with Swansea having me put on as registered keeper. With reported delays of up to six or more weeks due to staff shortages I'll be declaring it SORN by the time it's due to go for MOT, and it will be taxed then. There's a break in the tax - where was it ? Why was it not SORNed? Here's a fine to remind you next time...

Stupidity rules. Of course the mot inspector returned the mileages he saw on the odometer. Having been around the clock it was showing 2,748...102,748 and then 35,000... 135,000+ !!! No wonder the mileage wasn't shown on the listing. I am now seriously worried about my logic, as you have all been for some time, yes, I know!!!

one of the big issues with how many left is that it defaults to year of manufacture not first registration of course the year of manufacture is not actually recorded so you need t change to year of first reg the n for 67 they have 67 taxed and 60 on sorn