Car cover

jagnut66

Hi, 

I've had the (pictures) below clogging up space in my Heralds boot since I bought it.

The previous owners thought it was okay but then they had a garage, so I don't suppose it was used that much.

I've heard allot of negative comments about covers over the years, so I'm tempted to let it go.

What do others on here think.

Best wishes,

Mike.

DSCF3918(1).JPG

DSCF3919(1).JPG

Hi MIke,

I have a cover with what looks like the same material. It is perfect for outside use - all year.  Should last 3 or 4 years.

Be careful it will puncture easily on sharp  pointy things like aerials.

If it fits the shape of your car all the better.

Roger

well you cant fit to a wet car (well you can but it will wreck the paint as does flapping in the wind 

ive had a few always more trouble than they are worth in my view 

its a love it or hate it thing 

and when its wet where do you hang it to dry off  as they are quite big 

Pete

I use one. It has a strap that goes under the car to help stop it flapping. The front and back are elasticated. It is shaped and fits, with a good margin, the car.

In winter l use some foam insulation tube to ensure an air gap between cover and car.

Life of a cover isn't necessarily that long, especially when you have cats that like to use it as climbing frame and dig their class into it.

Some interesting comments.

Here in Hayes, near Heathrow, parking outside will get the car covered in all sorts of muck and the paint will suffer.

The cover shown by JagNut is very kind to the paint work.   Make sure it is reasonably anchored down to reduce flapping.

Being breathable, you can put it on a wet car. I have done it many times with no issues and the car is always dry when I take it off.

Roger

3 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

the club ones are Hamilton Made with elastic fit 

My first one was bought from Hamilton's. Good layers and inner protection, 2 under car straps.

The problem was that the seams soon started to split, they were sewn. I had to regularly apply glue to them. They would have lasted longer had they been sewn and glued. I did mail them about the problem, never got a reply.

This was in 2015 so current ones may be better in this respect.

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

I did mail them about the problem, never got a reply.

There are a few firms out there supplying parts to the classic scene that ignore contact from people / customers.

I've experienced it and it has been mentioned on other sites too.

The simple way to deal with it is, if they show no interest in you as a customer (usually once they've taken your money), then they don't get any further custom. 

There are plenty of suppliers out there that cater for our needs these days, the ignorant ones would soon get the message. Politeness costs them nothing.......

Be nice to think a few reps might read this and take note but we'll see.................

Best wishes,

Mike.