Falken tyres on Spitfire

Forced myself to take the Spitty out both yesterday and today and covered about 100 miles since the tyre change. 

Now pushing a bit harder and pleased to say it is now turning nicely into the bends at speed with plenty of feedback. With the other tyres I was having to "wrestle" it round and "hope for the best". 

Also, far more straight line stability on poor road surfaces.

I'm running them at 26psi and so far, very pleased with them.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2021 at 18:09, clive said:

I have seen sn832 on a vitesse on track, a very wet track

That would be me…… they, Falken SN832s, were and still are brilliant in the wet. Also, now they are about half worn, they are pretty excellent in the dry too. Bit squirmy and squeaky in the dry with full tread, but admittedly that’s while trying far harder that I generally would on the road.

Now have them on my GT6 and my sons Spitfire too.

On 21/08/2021 at 13:45, cliff.b said:

The car came with 185/60 High Fly HF201 tyres on the front. Reading revues online and with the benefit of personal experience I would suggest that they are aptly named

I have got those HyFly on my spare set of wheels, did sterling service when fitted to my Herald Estate, and I put them on the Spitfire for an Autosolo, really good. For the price they were excellent value for money. 

2 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

I have got those HyFly on my spare set of wheels, did sterling service when fitted to my Herald Estate, and I put them on the Spitfire for an Autosolo, really good. For the price they were excellent value for money. 

Interesting. Were they the same size?

6 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

185/60-13 on 5.5J rims.

You could drive the estate flat out, they just hung on. 

Not quite as nice as the Yokohama A539s, but then they were 1/3 the price 

Maybe the problem was that the previous owner had fitted  these on 4.5J rims or that he had fitted 185/70s of a different brand on the back, giving a "nose down" attitude. 

Whatever the reason, I'm lot happier with it now. And if you are a fan of the High-flys I still have a couple available 😉