Spitfire 1500 Body Sticker Placement Information Requested

JonLow

Just completing a full restoration on my 1500 and I have some original bonnet and boot lid stickers from way back when. I wish to use these as they seem to be better clarity than current offerings. However, I am determined to get them exactly perfect as per original placement. I could not take pictures of the placement before I started restoration, as the car had been resprayed, (in Mazda red!!!!!) and also different font stickers made up. Anybody have the exact placings dimensions, or photographs that I can use to scale out where they should go?

Many thanks, Jon Low.

I think I can help if you've not solved the matter already. My Spit has the original boot decal: The front decal is repro but I know it's just right because a template was made before the original was removed. I did not, regrettably, keep the template.

Let me know if you still need help with this and I'll ponder a way to get dimensions from firm datum points (tricky on the front because it's all compound curves and no straight lines.

Cheers

Chris

Chris, Thanks for the reply. In the light of no other suggestions help from you would be appreciated. I think maybe as you say if you could measure the boot seal from the edges that should be easy enough. For the front and maybe the bootlid also a picture, or two would help as I can scale the placing from the decal positions. 

Thanks very much,

Jon Low.

Unlikely that Triumph ever fixed the decals in a truly standardised position so what I have is a bit different.

For the boot:

If ‘A’ is form the corner of the ‘E’ then I have 2.75 inches.

Id ‘B’ is from ‘0’ going downward then I have 2 and 3/16the inches

But in addition the text is slightly tilted such that a line dropped for ‘1’ is 2 and 1/16th inches to the egde of the lid

Bonnet

If A is from the ‘e’ going laterally then I have 1 and 5/8th inches.

If B if from the ‘e’ going down (forward) the curve measures 5 and 1/8th inches

C from the ‘s’ going down: I have 5 and 7/8th inches

DSCF5297.jpg

DSCF5298.jpg

DSCF5299.jpg

DSCF5300.jpg

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd add the graphic below to this thread ...snaffled from a USA Ebayer.... which certainly looks like a poor repro!

But I wonder if the team can help..... I'm bored with being naked... years ago I binned my spitty on The Rest & Be Thankful top hairpin & have driven around with a new bonnet and no decals ever since.

The car is an Inca Yellow MKIV fitted with a TT Stage 2 1500 engine .... there's a boot rack on the boot so at least my bum is partially covered... but what should I display up front? MKIV rectangular badge?, Spitfire 1500 outline? , or just Spitfire outline? as the car is far from original I've even considered the TR7 Laurel Roundel!

Suggestions ( with pics? ) most welcome.
Pic below is from CT RBRR when the event stickers help cover my naked blushes.

spitfire 1500 decal placement.jpg

bootdecal.gif.fa97867394f200a947213219acd0f3f1.gif

508852065_TPERBRR2018-StirlingServices.thumb.jpg.4e30049c969765a8835dd302dfaecce1.jpg