Herald 13/60 washer / wiper switch removal

Colin Lindsay

I'm not used to these newly fangled Triumphs - the 13/60 even has a fuse, for goodness' sake - so it's a luxury having a combined screenwash and wiper switch. I've also seen the price of replacements so don't want to break this one but I do need to remove it, and bar making it go round and round, nothing else happens. Can anyone let me know the removal / release mechanism - rotate, pull, press... whatever? I also assume the knob screws off if I lock the stalk with a spanner?

surely the knob is as many other look for the small hole to press the locking plunger and off with its knob 

the screwed fixing ring is a two slot down in the recessed mount , i made one from bit of copper 15mm pipe filled to make two lugs 

the recessed mount has the large external ring nut but the knob has to come off as it wont go thro the hole in the dash 

but thats from distant memories  holdens list a rotary switch with the electric push  

Pete

Ok so got it sorted; there was a small hole in the knob stem plugged with years of grime. Knob is now off and the pump appears to work, but only when immersed in water when both nozzles spray water out. They don't suck up any water as in: one in, one out. I'm assuming that they just work the same and one is made into an inlet by the addition of a non-return valve on the end of the pipe in the washer bottle?

11 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Gave up with the pump in the Vitesse too much effort and pumping needed so removed bellows and fitted a contact only switch in it's place operated by the switch spindle that operated the bellows with an electric pump on the bulkhead

That sounds like a good method to improve the system AND keep it looking original on the dash.