Bad Week

Peter Truman

It's been a stupid week,

• First I brought some S/H type 14 calipers off UK ebay, all was going OK till they got to Global Shipping who deemed them "restrictive" and wouldn't forward them or return to seller ie scrapped! fortunately I was fully refunded and seller kept his money too. 
  • Then I presumed the replacement water temp sender thread was 3/8NPT so I cleaned the water pump housing thread with that tap, it was in fact 5/8 UNF so it was too loose and I had to buy an adapter around $15!
  • Now I've just received from a UK supplier a set of Small chassis steering column coupling O ring kit (SPF1179K), they are made by 'Super Pro' made here in Aus, Queensland!! cost wise its cost me around $5 extra from the UK, bugger, so the little buggers have been round the world during Covid!

I reckon it's time to go back to bed or stop trying to do all those small jobs during our Lock Down No. 6!

Hey we all do it. I found my oil cooler hoses were too long and the fittings at the wrong angle. So I carefully measured up, got some straight fittings for the engine end, drove to Pirtek and got them modified. Then tried to fit them and realised the clearance I'd worked out was OK for straight fittings... was only enough for one hose, not the pair. Had to take the longer one all the way back to Pirtek to get an angled fitting on it.

That`s why we post our "issues" here?.

I`m currently crying over panel gaps on the 13/60😭 It`s a nightmare, ever moving feast!. We need sympathy🙏. Or failing that Absolution?. Or in my case Alcohol rather than tea!!, Break out the "Black Sheep"!!.

Pete

To cap it all I've just had a small parcel delivery (local) "a knife sharpener" now I haven't ebay ordered it nor do I have any record of it there's no ebay or PayPal record of it, or payment for it, my wife and daughter reckon I'm loosing it! I told them Why would I purchase a new sharpener when I have a perfectly good one. There's no record of order on the parcel, there's a slip inside with a phone number I rang it the phone numbers chap advised he hasn't worked there for 6 months! I google map the address on the slip, the property is up for let!!

Someone's after me!!!or I've got a freebee!

38 minutes ago, PeteH said:

That`s why we post our "issues" here?.

I`m currently crying over panel gaps on the 13/60😭 It`s a nightmare, ever moving feast!. We need sympathy🙏. Or failing that Absolution?. Or in my case Alcohol rather than tea!!, Break out the "Black Sheep"!!.

Pete

I'm renowned for things like that, I've trimmed a waterpump housing bolt recently as it was too long - forgot to allow the extra length for the alternator bracket - but was also making up kunifer fuel lines recently; cut approximately to length, fitted to the chassis rail, fettled and shaped a bit then, great, I've six inches too much. Trimmed it off, bent it for the fuel pump, and THEN went to the other end... :(

2 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

To cap it all I've just had a small parcel delivery (local) "a knife sharpener" now I haven't ebay ordered it nor do I have any record of it there's no ebay or PayPal record of it, or payment for it, my wife and daughter reckon I'm loosing it! I told them Why would I purchase a new sharpener when I have a perfectly good one. There's no record of order on the parcel, there's a slip inside with a phone number I rang it the phone numbers chap advised he hasn't worked there for 6 months! I google map the address on the slip, the property is up for let!!

Someone's after me!!!or I've got a freebee!

I would count it as a freebee, i ordered a part for my karcher pressure washer. When i got home there was a huge box on the step...... Opened it to find my karcher part plus a "henry" vac with every possible attachment spare bags and filters. Phoned the company who said "Too much trouble to collect it"  The part i ordered was £8. Bonus :) 

Tony.

Tired of knackered cheap cutlery I bought a stainless steel set from Denby, then £50, now around £80.  6 knives, forks, spoons and teaspoons. One of the teaspoons had a noticeable imperfection. 

I thought "I should ask for a replacement and send it back" 

They said "OK, don't bother sending it back, we'll take care of it" 

They sent another 24 piece set.  

I said "You sent a complete set, I only wanted 1 teaspoon."

They said "We can't split a set" 

I wonder how much stainless steel cutlery ACTUALLY costs? 

Doug

9 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

They said "We can't split a set" 

Often the case. Many years ago I bought a "real time clock" add-on for an Atari ST computer. The hardware seemed fine but the floppy disk with the drivers on it was blank. This being before the Internet, I rang the supplier to see if I could get a replacement disc. They sent me a whole second RTC unit. They couldn't split a pack to get a driver disc out.

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

when the daughter was born we had only done half a mile  with a howling banshee in the back  and i offered the take her back for exchange  I cant print the response  

im mean are you sure  we have  got the right one ????

after 40+ years im sure i was right   

Pete

Yes, once you take them out of the packet they're yours.