Driving about.

Mathew

13 minutes ago, Steve P said:

Trying to identify a really annoying suspension knock,i thought from the rear,but now i think front,cannot for the life of me find anything loose or worn,the front N/S corner was rebuilt recently as the bottom shock polybush was shot.Drove the  car back towards Windsor to test,still bloody doing it,I am fed up with it now so i put it back in the lockup.

Passed a Red TR6 on the way,didn`t wave,miserable git.

Steve

Looking out for other old bangers on the road is a useful ploy for taking your mind off annoying noises. I had a really weird one a few weeks ago and despite my best efforts I couldn’t track it down. Then it stopped as mysteriously as it started. 

Perhaps the driver of the red TR6 was also concentrating on trying to find an erroneous noise so simply didn’t notice you.

Back from my little run out, 92 miles round trip and almost avoided using the same stretch of road twice.

First stop was the Alpine gathering ( see poster above) about 100 of them, mostly blue. The only non Alpines parked on the display field were a Caterham 7 and a couple of Renault Gordins.

There must have been at least 1 example of every varied made plus race/rally prepared jobs. Several new models have department 76 stickers. Department 76 is Seine-Maritime, Dieppe, where Alpines are made, is in 76. I assume these cars are factory cars.

Second stop :

839371041_LaBazoche-Gouet.jpg.e8c86fac09b56302fc7d42aecadee969.jpg

Better pickings, 2 Spitfires, a TR6, Mini and 1 MGB. I suspect the MGB was a USA import due to the sidelight/indicator units and additional side reflectors.

So Triumphs outnumbered the 1 lonely Alpine that was parked there 

IMG0014A.thumb.jpg.011e51151223117c5e5975bcd676f987.jpg

Thats it then, 5 hour drive back home and another 3 mgb's spotted, one driving and two on trailers. So in a week of travelling to the IOW then devon , only spotted 2 triumphs and only one of them had been on the road. I lost count of classic mg's! At least 17! We need to get our cars out there!

Spotted yet another MG Midget parked at a house on a local Main Street, it's the same colour as the one I spotted on the transporter which was six miles away. Wonder if it's the same one?

Also spotted a TR6 driver on Sunday morning while I was out planning the route for another local run; flashed the headlights and waved but he ignored me. Must be the same guy Steve saw.

Today did a jaunt in teh Spit to see a friend, bit tedious as mainly motorway (A/M23, M25, M26) but 120 mile round trip. Say a TR4a (or 5?) sitting on the M25 as we overtook. And plan to take the spit to Goodwood for the Revival for the 3 days. Booked into the "Tax Exempt Show" aka carpark. Nice and close to the entrance.... Suspect we will see many many old bangers there. And some lovely motors being thrashed on the track🙂