Alloy Radiator

Paul Amey

But how will you know where the new core fitted to your old rad came from or where the aluminium for your 'UK' made unit was extracted and refined? As I say you might be prepared to pay more for something but its highly unlikely the supplier has the same philosophy....

1 hour ago, Peter Truman said:

Your making me feel guilty and I should get that old copper Spit rad I have in the garage recored just in case and whilst there's still experts to do it!

Given that most cars and other vehicles on the road have some kind of radiator, there's no danger of them dying out just yet. Not until after 2030 or whenever when we'll suddenly all go electric and the sun will shine all day.

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Given that most cars and other vehicles on the road have some kind of radiator, there's no danger of them dying out just yet. Not until after 2030 or whenever when we'll suddenly all go electric and the sun will shine all day.

All modern cars (or at least since the late 80s???) have ally rads with plastic ends. You just buy a new one. No recores, no repairs.

On the plus side, many are very reasonably priced. Golf one (as used on my spitfire and a few GT6's) can be had for under £40. Mine was 9.99 delivered, a real bargain.

On 23/09/2021 at 11:12, Colin Lindsay said:

Even electric cars need radiators.

Ha, Ive just been talking to that company via ebay email trying to find out why the photo doesnt look anything like a Spitfire rad and the answer is that its NOT suitable for that car! They havent said what car its for or why the description is wrong but I wonder if something is getting lost in the translation...

Its tempting to buy one just to see what arrives🤪