Someone's nicked me spanners!

Iain T

8 hours ago, JohnD said:

This is in a lockup, Iain?

No a residents only car park in our gated 24/7 concierge estate!

Apparently car park parties are all the rage. On a few occasions I've found empty booze bottles and some tissues that look very suspect...

Iain

A few years back, we had a spate of thefts of tools locally from Tradesmans Van`s. Plod, did catch them, it was two 12 years old`s, who where selling them on to a "fence" who came in a car from Hull, for drug`s. They set up a "sting" and got him as well.

I put an old Washing machine in my trailer for the tip, behind the gates. it went overnight.

Pete

I had to forcibly remove one of the 'Travelling Community' from my garage a few years back; he called up asking if I wanted grass cut, or my drive washed, then just made himself at home and wandered in, opening cupboards, picking things up and asking if I'd sell this or that and was very difficult to persuade to leave again. I had to take things off him and set them down. People complain about discrimination but when someone acts like that, totally beyond any normal behaviour, it's not surprising they don't want to be bitten twice. 

Believe it or not he asked me for a reference, handed me a piece of paper and asked if I'd write my name on it so he could show it to neighbours and claim I'd endorsed his work. I'll bet my neighbours never knew that Jimmy Saville lived nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from holiday and checking if anything else was stolen with the other cache and couldn't find the new in the box combination oil pressure/water temp gauge. An ear bashing from the wife as I bought it 6 months ago and didn't fit it! 

What a hard landing to modern day life after a nice holiday.....🤬

Iain

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Iain T said:

Just back from holiday and checking if anything else was stolen with the other cache and couldn't find the new in the box combination oil pressure/water temp gauge. An ear bashing from the wife as I bought it 6 months ago and didn't fit it! 

What a hard landing to modern day life after a nice holiday.....🤬

Iain

Not a big demand on the street for one of those, so it may be highly visible if it appears anywhere for sale. Commiserations, though!

The large house opposite me has been broken into three times in the last month, we presume the first time let them see enough to want to come back for, twice. All tools and agricultural or heavy gardening equipment being taken. I've started to lock my garage now, never used to as it's close to the house and away from the road but things are coming uncomfortably close to home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

or the builder who wired up a grid where guys had a pee to his megger   powered up mid flow

My dad had one - megger, not a grid - that he had liberated from the navy. He once gave my mum a lead in each hand and said 'No, this won't hurt' then turned the handle.

2 hours ago, pugwash said:

My dad had one - megger, not a grid - that he had liberated from the navy. He once gave my mum a lead in each hand and said 'No, this won't hurt' then turned the handle.

Us Evil Saddo`s back in the day used to do similar with Motorbike Magneto`s to unsuspecting sibling`s.

Pete

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

what ever you were up to   ...did it help ???

Pete

A mentalgen would never.. unless it was behind the bike sheds.

34 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Did the sparks fly between you?

Something certainly did.

I have had so many tools go out on permanent loan without me knowing it* that now if someone so much as looks at my toolboxes they get told  G  O   A  W  A  Y

* Possibly the best/worst was the divot that borrowed my Bosch electric screwdriver, he forgot the charger.

13 hours ago, pugwash said:

I have had so many tools go out on permanent loan without me knowing it* that now if someone so much as looks at my toolboxes they get told  G  O   A  W  A  Y

A few years back a work colleague borrowed my petrol brushcutter, a real professional bit of kit, to clear his daughter's garden. Never saw it again. I mentioned it years later, he claims it broke and was no more use so he dumped it. Not even a mention of repayment or compensation. Another one borrowed my battery jump starter, never used and kept in the boot of my car for emergencies - he returned it a month later claiming that it hadn't worked. I found out that he'd connected it back to front and blew the electronics. Again, not a word of repayment or replacement. You learn by your mistakes. (Don't even start me on the rare items I lent to a local 'museum' for display. They're still there, but I can't 'prove ownership' to get them back.)

• Sad 1