Which is the Toughest Differential for a 2.5L Vitesse?

Wagger

4 minutes ago, Peter Truman said:

Ultimate loading is a 2lt Vitesse full lock wonder how many trunnions have been broken that way!

Got that t-shirt, fortunately not far from home, got back on my drive in reverse on three wheels and a trolley jack, neighbour guiding the jack.

Regards

Paul

40 minutes ago, Ian Foster said:

That's the solution I've used for mg GT6 2.5 litre. The 3.27:1 ratio is ideal for the torquey 2.5 litre engine. The weakness of the original Triumph diff has been mentioned in previous posts. Paul Hughes at 2Spec built me a 3.27 diff using a Blackline limited slip diff, which should overcome the weakness of the original.

Nigel

On 18/09/2021 at 12:50, Nigel Clark said:

That's the solution I've used for mg GT6 2.5 litre. The 3.27:1 ratio is ideal for the torquey 2.5 litre engine. The weakness of the original Triumph diff has been mentioned in previous posts. Paul Hughes at 2Spec built me a 3.27 diff using a Blackline limited slip diff, which should overcome the weakness of the original.

May i ask how much Nigel?,

I already have a Blackline unit on the shelf.

Steve

rising helical gears

Sounds like an ancient Greek war machine...

๐Ÿ™‚

As I said, I am mildly concerned that the mods we are doing (Like a said, about 100BHP/110 Lbft) may be too much for a standard 1500 gearbox/diff as well as wanting easier higher speed (50 mph and up) cruising.

BUT... I might get a lead foot from time to time...

I don't want the added complexity of an overdrive for a number of reasons and I was thinking a 3.27 ought to be a good ratio but not sure it can handle the torque...

ย