back and happy

Dave pb

Hi all

I only just realised the forum was back after seeing it in the Courier.

Very happy to see it. I felt the club was missing a major part without it.

I realise lots of decisions about how it should work have been. Bit surprised to see that there were not separate subforums for Herald, GT6 etc as there used to be.

anyway, glad its back.

Dave

Herald,

GT6,

TR4a.

triumph and disaster.

================

I realise lots of decisions about how it should work have been. Bit surprised to see that there were not separate subforums for Herald, GT6 etc as there used to be.

anyway, glad its back.

Dave

Herald,

GT6,

TR4a.

triumph and disaster.

================

Yep, with you here, as are a few other members, there is another thread with this on it too and I have posted in another thread the same thing, don't ask me where as it would take me too long to find it, the  current categories mean you have to search through EVERYTHING

The moderation team are planning a suite of new categories.  We are waiting to see what will be popular, and what not.

Personally I am slightly opposed to car specific categories for most technical/mechanical issues, as most problems people post about are common to most models.

For example, on the old messageboard we got dozens of threads on oiling trunions - one in each section !

Triumph's were the original "kit" cars, where a common mechanical parts bin provided for lots and lots of models.

Having used the new Forum for a few weeks, I prefer not having car specific categories, at least for the small chassied Triumphs (Herald,Vitesse, Spitfire, GT6). This reinforces what Kevin says above.

I would support separate categories for Stag and large chassied Triumphs (TRs), and also for Bond bodywork being glass fibre. Triumph 2000 is an interesting question, with common engine components, and also some commonality with Stags. But I'm happy to let owners of these cars decide.

Hope this helps.

I would prefer separate topics.  Does it matter if the same things appear a few times? Not really.

Separate ones just make it easier for me to have a quick catch up with what is new for my car versions.  I don't always have time to trawl through every topic to find something that is of interest.

cheers

dave

Purely for selfish reasons, I'd prefer it as it is all together, having several Triumphs and one in particular with mismatched parts between Spitfire, GT6 and 2.5 Saloon it would make it easier to post a query in a "General engine" section rather than in the car model in question.  That said I can see why people would prefer a model specific topic.

Not sure I can agree with the fact that "a lot of problems are common to most models" although I do concede that there are crossover subjects parts etc.

When you are "new" to the Triumph "experience" you are interested in the model YOU have... and lets face it a lot of new members that we want to attract on here, and to the meets of course, may know nothing or very little about any "crossover" situations

That said I could live with these generic categories IF the Topic header reflected the model ... so for example in "cooling" where funnily enough, currently, the posters of three out of four topics have stated the model which is really helpful, not so in other cats though.

"GT6 - thermostat problem "  for instance or "Stag - overheating" , .... "TR8 -radiator size"  just which model crossover does the TR8 rad come from anyway?

What I don't need is to go to "Cooling Systems" then be faced with a load of topics saying "water problem" and having to open everyone of them to see if there is something about my model specific query.

"Ah but" you say, there may be something of relevance in those posts, yes they may but I, and many others, don't have time off from the world to spend days on here trawling... I just go to a website that has an answer... from typing in to Google "Triumph Stag overheating"  I don't get EVERY other car that has an overheating problem! and I don't get a relevant entry from this website either.

You can already see the number of topics appearing are beginning to build up now and opening separate queries/questions just because its impossible to find a relevant topic is both exasperating and time consuming.

If you want to build this site for the experienced Triumph member, fine, but just remember that, as discussed in previous years, we need to attract new people to the club.

• Like 2