GT6 MK 3 GB sticker location ?

dellyend1

Morning All, at last I am able to post something trivial and light hearted having sorted out loads of other stuff 😊

have a black and silver oval GB sticker that I would like to put on the rear of my GT6 Mk 3 . General ask is where have others plonked it and any pics showing location would be greatly appreciated. Realise this really is numpty question  but no point cocking up the looks of the rear with an ill considered sticker 😉. Thanks All

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

The bonus even may be I can Put a "Yorkshire" plate on my cars?.

Pete

That's what we can do here

image.jpg.411f1609db30e3a6f3550e628498afd6.jpg

The '66' is the department number we can pick whatever we want, most people stick with the department they live in, or the region.

The most common are 2A and 2B, Corsica. People think that having that one others will treat them with respect. Corsica is "special". 

On 18/09/2021 at 09:40, dellyend1 said:

Morning All, at last I am able to post something trivial and light hearted having sorted out loads of other stuff 😊

have a black and silver oval GB sticker that I would like to put on the rear of my GT6 Mk 3 . General ask is where have others plonked it and any pics showing location would be greatly appreciated. Realise this really is numpty question  but no point cocking up the looks of the rear with an ill considered sticker 😉. Thanks All

No point, they are only legit for another 8 days. Bin it and buy a UK one. From https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates/flags-symbols-and-identifiers

On or after 28 September 2021

You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack)
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier

If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker.

If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

If you have a GB sticker, cover or remove it.

• Thanks 1

Clive - Thanks. I tried to check but the comment appear a little vague. Suddenly thought, do all the moderns now need Union Flags to cover the EU stars,xto get through an MOT. Will black tape do, or do we just apply to Boris for our free stickers as he got us in this mess......Colin.... don't go there!!!!!

I'm hedging my bets.

I've got this lovely item pinned to my notice board, ready for fitting to the Herald:

6B66A5D9-5233-4704-BF90-00822063A2B8_1_105_c.jpg.22f09dba08f5dc9bbe7202df38958a4d.jpg

It's got both GB and the Union flag identifier, so should please all. However if anyone claims I can no longer display it, even as an item of historical interest on a vehicle of the same historical interest, I'll just circle the wagons and go local with this one hanging on the other notice board:

204D2EC3-E592-421C-B35A-359FAE7B0D88_1_105_c.jpg.3bc47e865bc4783b76f556ce8bb89bf7.jpg

Any rumour that Northern Ireland is to adopt the song "I'm Nobody's Child" as their national anthem is at present unfounded.

• Like 1

I always covered any EU flag/stickers with either a "jack or better still the Yorkshire flag. At the moment my Motorhome has the "Red Duster" covering the old EU thingy that the PO had there.

Pete

M-N Day.jpg

Flown on 3rd September in rememberance of those who failed to return to port.

11 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I'm hedging my bets.

I've got this lovely item pinned to my notice board, ready for fitting to the Herald:

6B66A5D9-5233-4704-BF90-00822063A2B8_1_105_c.jpg.22f09dba08f5dc9bbe7202df38958a4d.jpg

It's got both GB and the Union flag identifier, so should please all. However if anyone claims I can no longer display it, even as an item of historical interest on a vehicle of the same historical interest, I'll just circle the wagons and go local with this one hanging on the other notice board:

204D2EC3-E592-421C-B35A-359FAE7B0D88_1_105_c.jpg.3bc47e865bc4783b76f556ce8bb89bf7.jpg

Any rumour that Northern Ireland is to adopt the song "I'm Nobody's Child" as their national anthem is at present unfounded.

Colin, I don't see an issue unless you go into the EU (though Southern Ireland should be OK?)

But if you decide to take a car to (eg) Le Mans, cover the GB and pop a UK sticker on. 

All this is a consequence of Brexit.....

(From what I can make out, the term identifier is the small number plate sticker)

I'm a bit lost on this one, not that I even need to be aware of it.

I can fully understand why a car coming from the UK/GB cannot any longer have the EU logo/flag.

But what is all the 'fuss' about GB versus UK?

For decades GB stickers have been the thing, in fact when me and Madame see a British car or people we refer to them as 'Gbears' (g as in good).

Haven't your more recent number plates also has GB on them?

Has someone at long last  realised that GB isn't the same as UK and wants to put the record straight?

And anyway shouldn't it be 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' as per my ancient passport?

I aways thought the GB sticker was to warn drivers following that the driver is on the wrong side of the car and might do something stupid . . .

C'est la vie !

44 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I'm a bit lost on this one, not that I even need to be aware of it.

I can fully understand why a car coming from the UK/GB cannot any longer have the EU logo/flag.

For decades GB stickers have been the thing, in fact when me and Madame see a British car or people we refer to them as 'Gbears' (g as in good).

Haven't your more recent number plates also has GB on them?

Has someone at long last  realised that GB isn't the same as UK and wants to put the record straight?

And anyway shouldn't it be 'United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland' as per my ancient passport?

I aways thought the GB sticker was to warn drivers following that the driver is on the wrong side of the car and might do something stupid . . .

C'est la vie !

I expect some bureaucrats are getting fat and sipping champagne having sorted that change. Or lawyers.

Interesting that this does not appear to have it the mainstream press (yet).  The commotion tomorrow/Wednesday will be indicative of what the general public feels about such a crass waste of time, energy and individuals money and the associated avoidable pollution in production issue (tongue in cheek).

Dick

44 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Champagne?!! That's French! :o  We're not allowed that! 

db

No, Russian.

Only a few weeks ago Russia decided that only Russian fizz can be called Champagne, the French stuff is now just 'sparkling'. Russia hasn't signed up to any of the agreements that protect origins.

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

It's one of out amazing Brexit bonuses - freed from the yoke of the EU our government has been free to...make us all throw away our perfectly good "GB" stickers and buy new "UK" ones instead.  (Even though this is a purely national decission that the EU don't care about and we could have done at any time - a bit like the colour of our passports)