GT6 MK 3 GB sticker location ?

dellyend1

4 hours ago, clive said:

Colin, I don't see an issue unless you go into the EU (though Southern Ireland should be OK?)

It's only for the Herald as a historic period-piece add-on, but in order to comply with any regulations and to avoid any possible scenarios if I do cross the line, I'll stick a removable UK one on too. Regional badges have always been an issue over here; a few years back I asked a manufacturer who was selling the usual 'big four' of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland if he would make a Northern Ireland badge. He e-mailed me back with an emphatic refusal, informing me that the 'Ulster Red Hand' was a sectarian symbol and may cause offence. I had to make my own eventually.

IMG_0438.jpg.e4b4803e735fdd4955fd244977d03476.jpg

4 hours ago, Chris A said:

A cunning plan to stimulate British industry

Most unlikely as it will probably be outsourced to you know where then stuck in a shipping container.  Interesting that there is no mention of what the penalty is for failing to comply so should make the legal profession smile and the courts even more choked up with appeals.

Dick

20 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I love the music; the fact that they have bagpipes is a great factor in it.

Then you'd love the "Festival Interceltique" each year in Lorient.

They have a web site of course - not a '.com' or '.fr' but a '.bzh'

Celts from everywhere, Basque areas of France & Spain included.

3 minutes ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Most unlikely as it will probably be outsourced to you know where then stuck in a shipping container.  Interesting that there is no mention of what the penalty is for failing to comply so should make the legal profession smile and the courts even more choked up with appeals.

Dick

Then of course there is always the defence that your car was made/registered way back when it was GB not UK and therefore exempt.

19 minutes ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Dick

It won't be the British (UK??) police you have to worry about. More likely the french police near the ferry ports. Easy pickings. Instant fine, no pay no going anywhere. Especially as Mr Macron is a bit upset with the UK at the moment.

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

Then you'd love the "Festival Interceltique" each year in Lorient.

They have a web site of course - not a '.com' or '.fr' but a '.bzh'

Celts from everywhere, Basque areas of France & Spain included.

I've got the DVD of the Lorient Festival, or 'Festival Interceltique de Lorient'. That's where I remember the Breton flags from.

4 hours ago, clive said:

It won't be the British (UK??) police you have to worry about. More likely the french police near the ferry ports. Easy pickings. Instant fine, no pay no going anywhere. Especially as Mr Macron is a bit upset with the UK at the moment.

He's upset with you lot he's really pis**d off with us Aussies, I think I understand our Gov'ts action the French sub contract was late and many times over cost, and there were ongoing arguments re local content, so you have to pull the rug on a non performing contract sometime! and lets face it with China singling out Aus as a weak link in the wests chain and their postulating stronger re Taiwan the US support & weight in the area would be a lot more hands on than France's!

I sent some info of the GB car sign fiasco round to British members of my local club one responded re wonder if the Brits will lease us some subs in anticipation and if they have GB insignia on their hulls!

Apparently the Australians are already naming the new submarines. The first one is being called. jeter des peluches hors de la poussette.

And although it is nuclear powered there will be no nuclear weapons on board. None. Absolutely none at all. Just boomerangs.

Doug

just worked it out to,

you do realize Aus was nearly French, french ships were just days from Botony Bay when the first fleet arrived in 1788 (La Perouse Expedition) if I remember my history! or something like that, it could be worse we could be Dutch, Dirk Hartog on the WA coast some where around late 1600's.

7 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

although it is nuclear powered there will be no nuclear weapons on board

That's the difference between an SSBN (Ballistic missile firing, Nuclear powered) and SSN (Nuclear powered) which seems to, not surprisingly, escape much of the media and public.  Best not go down the rabbit hole of what happens with respect to Faslane Naval Base and the approx 11,000 (figures vary) jobs should Indy Ref 2 go through!

Dick

10 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

the French sub contract was late and many times over cost,

The contract hadn't really got off the ground - the first of these was is/was due for delivery in 2030 final one 2050. The American nuclear ones won't be available to several years after that, I assume in the meantime the Americans will be using theirs. To be honest I was surprised that Australia switched from 'conventional' to nuclear power. I thought you were greener than that.

10 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

China singling out Aus as a weak link in the wests chain and their postulating stronger re Taiwan the US support & weight in the area would be a lot more hands on than France's!

That I can understand, Australia & the USA both have Pacific interests. Not sure about Britain though, unless it's their role as gardian of their (ex) colonies.

There is talk of the cancellation costs being in the order of 400 M Euros.

The French foreign minister was on TV about it all. The ambassadors in Au and US have been recalled for 'discussion'. When asked about the one in London he basically replied that Boris was a know opportunist so no point. He was also critical/sceptical of Boris's role, he actually described him as " le cinquième roue du carrosse", which coming from a minister I thought was very strong language indeed.

10 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

I just passed it on,  I think it means "throwing the toys out the pram" 

Quite a French response, I believe.

Doug

It has taken me this long to reply to your comment as I had to wade through all the toys on the floor to get to my desk 

peluche-licorne-grande-taille_640x.jpg.12d31e55c95d6df37e4533660144c6c5.jpg

2 hours ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Best not go down the rabbit hole of what happens with respect to Faslane Naval Base and the approx 11,000 (figures vary) jobs should Indy Ref 2 go through!

It may continue, it's not unprecedented to have a military base in another country, RAF Akrotiri, Guantanamo Bay? 

Doug

9 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Guantanamo Bay? 

Doug

Been there, well not quite there . . 

Was able to look across at it from high ground just inland but far enough away not to attract the attention of the 'occupying forces'. This was back in 2003 before it had such a bad reputation and was more 'normal' military base.

Mind you I have stayed at 'The bay of Pigs', same year. American forces outmanoeuvred by holidaying peasants and local police force. The site was a holiday camp for farmers, state run of course. when we were there it was an all inclusive ressort. We were the only non Cubans there at that time I think, it wasn't on a 'list' we just turned up on speck...