Juddery Brakes

Iain T

I would check to see if a calliper piston is sticking, this caused strange vibrations on mine. I personally wouldn't bother measuring disk runnout at about £12 each it's easier just to replace same to be honest with rear drums and I have had no issues with the ones I bought a few years back from the club shop but they all probably come from the same manufacturer anyway. Also check for any play in the suspension bushes with a big pry bar. Also check the disks for rust particularly at the back where you can't see it as my modern had brake vibrations once caused by rusty disks which was very difficult to see on the car.

oops my prices there were for a 4 cylinder so the disks a little more and the drums even more so

• Thanks 1

Judder sorted, it wasn't brake related but the slightly loose nearside hub. Pulls up nicely from speed I  like these free fixes😁 at least I know the front brakes are fine but I do need to inspect the backs and adjust the handbrake. More grovelling under the car..... 

Now I have sorted the judder it gives me more confidence in the brakes. I tried a very fast stop and with the 1144 pads brakes seem more than adequate for normal driving. The limiters now are the tyres but at 175 wide that's as far as I can go. 

Still have lots to fiddle with, it keeps me occupied.