Crossed flags

Pdv

8 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

club shop  R113 screw on   R113B  stick on    available 

page 43 of the parts   catalogue 

Pete

Pete: You haven't taken your tablets today have you? I say no more 🙄

I managed to do a bit of restoring on mine, even though one of the flag pole bits has broken off, prefered to keep the originals.

Picture of BADGE REAR WING CROSSED FLAGS(607760)

2 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

apologies for being at half throttle 

Pete

Half throttle or half bottle ?

I hope you had some fish with your chips, lucky blighter! Although I could be in luck next week in Brittany, not unknown for them to be on a menu somewhere.

went to wells next the sea to meet some old triumph friends  had enormous fish and chips in the pub 

there are a couple of chippies but styrene plates and paper cups are a put down 

so in comfort with  civilised   knives forks and PLATES   

first longish run for ages  something that wasnt a problem 2 years ago is now pretty knackering

dont get old .........  just get tipsy

there was miles of stationary on the A11 A14 stretched  as far as you could drive  , fine going my way home  some poor souls had a loooong wait 

we caught a pheasant chick overtaking some old dodderer it was stuck in the grill this morning   that was a nice job digging it out 

Pete

Back in the 80`s. Had to pick up a collegue near Croydon and being based at Guildford, decided to avoid the A25 (no M25 then),  so used the road via Ranmore to Dorking, on the way I hit a Pheasant. As I was living in a Caravan near Shere. No use to me, so the "Road Kill" went in to boot and on arrival my collegue put the "remains" in his greenhouse for later use. He phoned me a few days later to say his wife went into the greenhouse to find this "dead"  pheasant flying about the place. He laughed, I laughed, but his missus was "not amused".

Pete

Many years ago on a job down south we had to do a late evening relocate to our accommodation a few hours away.
Got to the pub we were staying at to be greeted by a very drunk publican who told us we were a day late and he had got a stripper in the night before for us.
Dodged a bullet with that one thank god but he didnt have enough rooms for the six of us but we managed to make do, one in the bus out back, one in his daughter room (she was in the nearest city for a few days) and nthe rest of us in rooms of sorts.

Anyway the next morning as we all get to our trucks the grip had a very dead duck in full flight wedged in the grill of his F350 truck, poor thing would have got a horrid shock getting that truck stuck up its arse.

The anecdotes of 'dead roadkill' doing a 'Lazurus' abound. I suppose the only way to make sure that any off-road comestibles are not going to return to life is to keep an axe and a plastic bag in the car. Not pretty, but practical, maybe even tasty?? I'll stick to the local shops, at least if it's plucked and packed I can be reasonably sure that it's expired.

I have been luckier, apart from the odd bird or two. I have had to stop to allow a family of boar cross the road on the road near me. The rule for boar is if it is coming in a line for you take a couple of steps to the side if not stays you are. They won't come for you but they won't change course to avoid you either. A full grown male boar can do a lot of damage to a barbed wire fence or car or person. 🐗 The hunting season opened last Sunday.

As water Ops Mgr for Melb Water I spent a lot of time driving thro the catchments around 150,000 hectares which are closed to the public so I’ve hit a few Roos, wombats, emu’s, wild pigs, and other native animals but never a koala.

The one that always worried me were snakes you run over them but when you stop there gone WHERE! Are they underneath, on the suspension or in the engine bay where?

If I went back to HO I’d tell the garage crew to watch out, they’d then shift my car upstairs and park it next to the Chairman’s car, he wasn’t liked!

I taught my daughter to drive in those catchments on the access and fire tracks she got used to sliding out and driving fast and frequently getting airborne, she fortunately never hit any animals a tree sideswiped once, didn’t stop her! After one outing she said to me “& you call this work”.

About thirty  years ago, a colleague of mine driving to work in the early morning darkness,  hit an animal.

There was a surprising amount of  of damage to the front of the car and the animal was killed outright, but it was the fact that the animal was not  a species native to the Isle of Man that shook her.

It was a Wallaby.

She had an interesting time with the insurance company when she presented her claim.

When my colleague had her “Wallaby encounter” it followed a”break-out “of two Wallabies from a Wild Life Park in the north of the Island a few years earlier.There hadn’t, at that point, been many sitings of them.

However, the escapees had already proved fertile.

The Wallabies  begat more Wallabies, who in their turn.. etc.

So they  are no longer regarded  as a surprising sight as there are thought to 120 plus roaming the countryside and they have even been seen pottering   around suburban housing estates.

18 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Is the ruling the same as phesants? If you hit it, only the car behind can have it? 

Now, referring back to the postings about turkey shortages. Sad thing is there's also a shortage of petrol so not only can you not buy a turkey for Christmas, you can't drive around the countryside with a friend driving behind you looking for peasants (sic - spell checker!!!) to flatten.