UK gone mad

Ian Faulds

18 hours ago, Steve P said:

Not lighting them but,if you like that sort of thing,look on Youtube for  "Le Petomane".

The story of a French man called Joseph Pujol,who had a stage act performing wind based comedy.

Played by the great Leonard Rossiter and written by Galton and Simpson of Steptoe fame.

S

Does that mean that if I have a little toot I can claim to be tuning up?

Apologies to those trying to have an adult conversation about 3-phase electricity, while those of us whom a colleague once referred to as the belchers and farters are messing about in the back row...

5 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Rang sainsbury's a few times until diesel was in. Travelled the 15 miles to the station and pulled in past the queuing lorries! Filled up. Had only 20 miles in the tank left, so if they had run out i may have not made it back home! Full tank shows 527miles 40 litres put in. First time driving in a few weeks, little bit tired. Resting in the car park while my mrs does some shopping. The sainsbury's is the only place i know with diesel anywhere near . The three in downham have no fuel . Still that should do me for a while now! Hopefully past this madness.

Glad you are feeling a bit better Mathew. Surprising how driving after an illness tires you out. Got the "T" shirt sadly.

Tony. 

4 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I hope so, I need petrol for my lawnmower and don't want to start a panic if I appear at Tescos with a jerry can...

You'll just have to create a sort of poachers coat with big pockets to hide the jerry can 🙃

Luckily we don't have any problems here as I called in to fill the modern, 72€ for 900 kms of holiday driving last week, plus the jerry can of 95(E10) for the mower. Wonder if the mower will run on E85? It's less than half the price of E10. 

Now I need a dry day to get out there and cut the grass.