Top of windscreen (rail?)

jbbaby

Hi, I've recently started the restoration of my Bond Equipe Mk2 Coupe which I have owned since 1974. The car is complete so there is not many bits that I need however there is one body part that I need to be able to fix the roof to the top of the windscreen. I need the top, upper part, say 6 inches, of a Herald or Vitesse windscreen surround, from a saloon, where the roof bolts into. Probably the fixings too. Thanks.

DSC02725.JPG

I'm not sure there will be many offers, I'm afraid -and those that do exist will be cut from scrap cars and may be no better than your existing header rail. In the past, Bond (and no doubt Triumph) owners have made small welded repairs to each hole in the windscreen frame and then ground to whole lot flat. I would be surprised if you didn't find more corrosion when/if you remove the screen: Bond removed the Triumph rust proofing from the bulkheads before adding their unique windscreen pillars -and didn't replace it afterwards. I bought a ten-year old Equipe in 1980 and it was as rotten as a pear...

• 2 weeks later...