GB sticker no longer valid

johny

13 hours ago, Patrick Taylor said:

In what way? It was historically an independent nation before being conquered, has its own language, church, national teams.

I was tongue in cheek, but Wales is a Principality like Monaco, both have a Prince.

Sorry for any offence. :)

Doug

• Thanks 1

On 30/09/2021 at 11:58, clive said:

I don't think it is a real issue. Just use a magnetic UK Oval "sticker" and all is well. And that is only needed if you travel to Europe or beyond (And indeed, I sincerely hope the jag gets to stretch its legs overseas)

BTW isn't Goodwood a wonderful pace to drive 🙂 I wwas informally timed last visit, and managed 1.50 However, seems I am a long was off the good drivers, they weer doing 1.30s in A40s at the revival.

I'll certainly be doing that - the old letters stay!

Yes, she will get abroad again - last time was Laon 2019

17 hours ago, Patrick Taylor said:

In what way? It was historically an independent nation before being conquered, has its own language, church, national teams...

In the same way the Yorkshire was the Kingdom of Northumbria. When the Scot`s where still a bunch of tribes scrapping with each other. (I think we should have independance too👍).

Pete

I like this one, especially the land of the Scots... when certain factions whinge about ancient boundaries, we can reply that the Britons and Angles originally owned half of Scotland and the Scots lived in what is now Ireland...

I can just hear William Wall-ass.. "We'll have something that we've never had before, a country of our own. And it'll be half of someone else's..."

Note the pink strip at the bottom right so people landing on the coast of Kent can go straight to London without annoying the Angles... :)

b080503aa14d03b59e853ce9aa6474c9.jpg.d6b9577cca336acbe1c8180e9b0bab57.jpg

20 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

People only seem concerned if they regard themselves as being conquered and conveniently forget that they probably got the land by conquest.

It all depends on how far back they care to go.

Regards

Paul.

If you read Irish history, The Sons of Mil, or The Milesians, are supposedly one of the lost tribes of Egypt who after leaving Egypt wandered about through Sicily and Spain before migrating North and taking the land of Ireland from the inhabitants.

They landed in Ireland, killed the other tribes or drove them out, and settled. This, however is perfectly ok as they no doubt did it in the nicest possible way. 

There's no doubt historically that the Celts migrated northwards through Europe; they probably arrived in Ireland on dinghies from the coast of France.

This Forum REALLY needs a Tongue in cheek Emojie. Mind I mainly use the "Northumbria" gag, to annoy the relatives north of Hadrians wall!.🤣. I don`t attempt to compete with them in the Power drinking stakes!. Far too many Jan 1st Serious hangovers when much younger.

Pete

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Don't they know thats against the rules. It clearly states that they should claim in the first safe country they arrive in. Mind you they were probably given free train passage through Italy and france to save on paperwork.

Perhaps that is what they have done, after all they are risking their lives in rubber boats to get out of the EU countries.

Regards

Paul.

41 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Perhaps that is what they have done, after all they are risking their lives in rubber boats to get out of the EU countries.

Regards

Paul.

When interviewed on TV they all want to go to Manchester, something to do with football

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

after leaving Egypt wandered about through Sicily and Spain before migrating North and taking the land of Ireland from the inhabitants.

That's destroyed my faith in the Irish.

They ruled out Egypt, Sicily and Spain with the wonderful weather and other advantages in favour of wet and windy Ireland. No wonder they turned to drink.

Posted on a motorhoming website earlier this Morning:-

Having a great trip through France, did the right thing and put our new ‘UK’ stickers on the Moho and amazed at how many French have asked us if we’re from the Ukraine! 😂

Pete 🤣

• Haha 2