Metrinch spanners and others.

Wagger

Brought a set of Metrinch spanners for my son when we brought him his first car at 17, now 45, as I thought they'd fit both my old imperial and the then modern metric bolts, I don't think he has any of that set left!!!

I still have the complete set of TW Super Slim imperial open enders I brought in 63, plus a full set of original Japanese sockets with original ratchet I brought at the same time (cheapies in those days), daughter has them now in the Spits boot, only damage from 50plus years of hard service (6 Triumphs, 3 Jags) was when son broke one socket trying to undo a jag's wheel nut with a 2mt breaker bar on it! Don't you hate Tyre Fitters with Ratchet Guns!!!

I exclusively buy and buy and use Kingchrome nowadays, never fail me and a good range, at a reasonable price.

9 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Don't you hate Tyre Fitters with Ratchet Guns!!!

Spent almost an hour yesterday standing on a wheel brace wedged up on a block of wood, trying to undo rear wheel nuts on a Herald. I've never in my life found wheel nuts so tightly screwed on. I thought at one point I was going to bend the wheelbrace.

Don't buy cheap impact sockets, either... they're not up to the job.

12901878-543C-4E47-939B-AA965F7BAFA9_1_105_c.jpg.863060adb565f6ad5c5dbedc918e1257.jpg.fb070c8a10d8d6c220f322025c01f323.jpg

10 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Don't you hate Tyre Fitters with Ratchet Guns!!!

Yes, I had the two front wheels balanced at a local tyre dealer and he said what torque do you want the nuts because I'm up to 110ft/lbs and it's still tightening! I told him to back it off a bit!! The studs must have been near snapping.