Accidental Queue jump

Wagger

Yesterday, I went in heavy rain to pick up a parcel that I had missed. I noticed that my local fuel station had no queue, so I returned via the same route, only to find that they only had super unleaded. I needed Diesel. Therefore, I went home via Asda, where there was a queue being 'Marshalled' on a dedicated route through the car park. I turned around to go home and the two marshalls were signalling to one another by hand. I had to pull up behind a car passing by the station in a momentary queue. As the car in front of me moved off, the Marshall waved me into the station. I did not argue. Who would? I now have 575 miles left, according to the computer. That'll see me half way to Christmas!

In the past, I always filled the car entirely, but recent price hikes have led me to only put £30 in. Never again. I will now always fill up. One cause of the problem was the price hikes. People do not fill up when prices fluctuate. They go around with quarter full tanks. This reduces revenue, so generating a 'Panic' solves this for the sellers and Government. Then we all fill up and consume millions of litres. The fuel is now travelling instead of being in the filling stations. 

Yes, I am a cynical so-snd-so too.

40 minutes ago, Wagger said:

Yesterday, I went in heavy rain to pick up a parcel that I had missed. I noticed that my local fuel station had no queue, so I returned via the same route, only to find that they only had super unleaded. I needed Diesel. Therefore, I went home via Asda, where there was a queue being 'Marshalled' on a dedicated route through the car park. I turned around to go home and the two marshalls were signalling to one another by hand. I had to pull up behind a car passing by the station in a momentary queue. As the car in front of me moved off, the Marshall waved me into the station. I did not argue. Who would? I now have 575 miles left, according to the computer. That'll see me half way to Christmas!

Youre lucky there wasnt a punch up or worse! I think we've lost our international reputation for being ideal queuers☹️

The 'Marshalls' were sixty yards apart controlling outging traffic and the queue. It th P***g rain they did not notice. Hopefully too far away for anyone else to see it either. I am awaiting the 'Brick' anytime now. Better use the Vitesse if I go out. However, in this weather, it may 'Dissolve' a tad.

3 hours ago, Wagger said:

Then we all fill up and consume millions of litres.

But, when all petrol stations are back to normal nobody will buy any for weeks until their tanks get down to their usual 'nominal' level and drivers go back to putting a few quids worth at a time.

It'll all over by Wednesday - I read in Le Figaro that the army start delivering from Monday, or is it they are going to start explaining to their drivers the safety rules for driving tankers of petrol?

Anyway, Boris has it all under control hasn't he. 🤔

3 hours ago, Chris A said:

But, when all petrol stations are back to normal nobody will buy any for weeks until their tanks get down to their usual 'nominal' level and drivers go back to putting a few quids worth at a time.

It'll all over by Wednesday - I read in Le Figaro that the army start delivering from Monday, or is it they are going to start explaining to their drivers the safety rules for driving tankers of petrol?

Anyway, Boris has it all under control hasn't he. 🤔

To be fair, there can't be too much of an issue. The RBRR is underway, and each car will have now covered approx 1000 miles since leaving Knebworth yesterday. And all the cars have been able to keep to the schedule (except 2, electrical problem but sorted, about an hour behind).

Of course, the run avoids the SE, which is the worst affected area. But it shows that fuel really isn't too much of an issue. Saying that, I need to fill my car up, I have to get to the finish to sign them all back in tomorrow evening.

4 minutes ago, Chris A said:

That would be embarrassing if they were all there waiting and you ran out of petrol 😃

success. Locals asda is opening petrol 8pm-8am. I had to queue for 20 mins, but tank now full to get me there and back with no worries.

Maybe I should have got up very early tomorrow, probably no queue at 4am. But no Clive either.