Servo

bodger

In the brake bedding in process instructions it states don’t left foot brake, is this because you can apply brakes and throttle simultaneously similar to heel and toe! or is it that you don’t brake as hard, or some possibly harder, brakes don’t know what is applying the force, in my late uncles case a wooden leg (land mine in Italy in WW2) he did a lot of miles as was a sweet’s travelling salesman.

surely if it states brake hard from 70 to 30 then irrespective of which foot that is what you do, 

I’m a serial left foot braker. And have been for 60 years both auto and manual and in an emergency both feet at the same time that stands our old cars on their nose! And as I have no big toe nails yes it hurts for a minute.

Ian,

My old MOT man, now retired, was an apprentice at a Triumph dealership, he looked forward to testing my car and re-living his yoof.  One of his tasks was to fit overdrives, they weren't fitted at the factory and came with the car as a separate kit. His first one took him a week, but when he got better at it he could do two a day.  So, yes, you may be right.

Doug

7 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Ian,

My old MOT man, now retired, was an apprentice at a Triumph dealership, he looked forward to testing my car and re-living his yoof.  One of his tasks was to fit overdrives, they weren't fitted at the factory and came with the car as a separate kit. His first one took him a week, but when he got better at it he could do two a day.  So, yes, you may be right.

Doug

Hope he did a better job than the dealer who fitted mine. Whoever did it just hacked slots into the prop tunnel and peeled it back to fit the overdrive and then bent the tunnel back - he didnt bother cutting the tunnel neatly and fitting a cover plate!