NEC Classic Car show November 2021

Gary Flinn

Hi All

Anyone off to the Lancaster Insurance Classic car show in November?

I have been a couple of times in the past (Several years ago mind), but now feel the show is too expensive

Advance entry tickets look to be £29.50 per person for Saturday/Sunday (£36 on Friday?) with car parking £12 in advance (£16 on the day)

Anyone attending this year

Gary

1 hour ago, Gary Flinn said:

but now feel the show is too expensive

I'll have to alter the way I attend shows such as Stoneleigh or the NEC; it used to be: travel over on ferry Saturday morning, stay nearby Saturday night, go to show, stay over night Sunday, travel home on Monday. The accommodation was always the cheapest bit; ferry is over £400 these days, add fuel and food plus spending money and it just isn't worth it any more. Last Stoneleigh cost me over £600 to attend and I spent £40 at the show. I could fly to Birmingham for the NEC but that limits the parts I can bring back. At least with Malvern I worked it in as part of a week's holiday; I'll do the same with the 2022 TSSC Show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the biggest annoyance for me is the car parking charge, last time I attended the Classic Restoration show at the NEC I took 3 Passengers to share the cost of the Parking?

I won't be attending this year, what with Wholesale Gas prices up 37% for November alone (according to the BBC News), Car fuel prices rising fast (If you can get it?) and inflation at 3% and rising too, I need to start saving for that event at the end of December.

I don't want to mention the 'C' Word yet?!!😵😄😀

Gary   

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Brooky said:

33 quid each on the door,

That`s an issue with me. If I book and save some money, I will almost guarantee something will occur to prevent me going!. (and lose me the nonrefundable cash) I`ve had to stop booking stuff, unless it is an absolute certainty we will make it!. The number of camp ground bookings we had had to cancel because of medical issues alone in the last few years.

Pete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeteH said:

That`s an issue with me. If I book and save some money, I will almost guarantee something will occur to prevent me going!. (and lose me the nonrefundable cash) I`ve had to stop booking stuff, unless it is an absolute certainty we will make it!. The number of camp ground bookings we had had to cancel because of medical issues alone in the last few years.

Pete.

Yeah, I did say to my mate we'll book online but he seemed a bit uncertain about it, all was revealed though as he announced he got married last Wednesday and didnt want any fuss, I kept taking the piss saying he was coming on honeymoon with me to the NEC 🤣🤣

The other funny thing, there was a Star Wars thing on too, some of the lady aliens that we saw were amazing 🥰😆