Hammer-through screwdrivers. Recommendations for a quality brand?

chrishawley

Can anyone advise how/where to get a good quality set of hammer-through screwdrivers?

Not that I like hammering screwdrivers but necessary now and again, and the hex end is handy where spanner assistance is required.

Purchased a spare set about a year ago and not that cheap. But on opening were just chinky crap.The shaft of the screwdriver(s) wasn't even bonded into the handle and as for the 'thru' bit there wasn't any, just a faux hex capping on the end which would happily spin on its own.

It was a case of the non-hammer through non screwdriver set.

What I want is a PROPER hammer through screwdriver set where there shaft goes right through the handle and terminates in a hex which is actually a part of the shaft. Don't mind paying decent money for the proper thing.

Ideas?

Cheers

C

39 minutes ago, poppyman said:

One of these work well and they are 1/2 inch drive

Interesting, they give you 5% discount on a second bought at the same time. Does this mean they are of poor quality and you will need two so as to have 1 complete good set OR they are so good you'll want to give one to a friend . . .😁

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

tis a decent pozi2 or 3  you need to whack when aligning holes that wont align  without some persuasion

a impact driver is too short for that , i have an old stanley blue pozi 2 ground with a spike  works wonders in the fight 

Pete

I use the impact driver with a 1/2 inch extension  of varying lengths for screws and tight bolts on occasions.

Tony.

• 1 month later...