Replacement wooden dash

jagnut66

Hi, 

My new dash, purchased at our joint show with MG at the Malvern showground,  has now arrived. My old dash is looking a little tired and the veneer is lifting all across it, so I chose a replacement burr elm one from Classical Dash, who had a stand there.

https://classical-dash.co.uk/

I've always loved a good burr and the figuring on my new one is great, all that I have to do now is, very carefully, fit it.

Best wishes,

Mike.

New Herald dash 1.JPG

New Herald dash 2.JPG

• Like 4

It does look very classy!

I think about changing the one on my 13/60 as it is starting to look a little past its best. What puts me off, other than the cost of the dash (whatever they may be), is the work required to do the swap over, I'd have to chicken out and get it done professionally which would bump up the cost a lot!

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

It does look very classy!

I think about changing the one on my 13/60 as it is starting to look a little past its best. What puts me off, other than the cost of the dash (whatever they may be), is the work required to do the swap over, I'd have to chicken out and get it done professionally which would bump up the cost a lot!

I'm going to have to do the same; cost of replacements is amazing so am waiting for a good s/h version to surface, or even just a solid one that I can try to renovate myself whilst keeping the original in the car until it's time to swap over.

4 hours ago, Chris A said:

is the work required to do the swap over

I've got one that came as a spare with Vitesse. Restored it myself and looks good I reckon.

Car is very straight I reckon and was well restored to originality a while back with attention to detail (not even found a rogue fastening yet!), and all the gubbins and wiring look clean and tidy behind dash, looking underneath so hopefully straight forward!.

Anything to bear in mind or tips, when doing swap please?, I imagine it's a bit of a faff, at least?.

Cheers, Dave