Fitted Length of Propshaft.

Wagger

OK Decision time. I  will run it as it is, because it all works. I expect problems. If none occur, all well and good. If they do occur it will be time to find all of the missing bits, replace the overdrive and re-position all of it. Sump bashing included!

Actually, I would prefer the 2 litre engine and would be prepared to swap all if it comes to it. Watch this space guys.

as a thought with all your fitting snagging  has it got the 2 ltr flat sump or still got the 15deg angled 2500 sump ????

and refitting an OD will need a new propshaft of appropriate length

if you dont have one it will need a OD mainshaft to convert you existing box like  a TCK923

Pete

In reply to Pete it has the 15 deg angled sump, not yet bashed in. A close neighbour does have one bashed in and a 2 litre one bashed out. He will part with one of them when he fits his 2500 into his GT6. So, it's swings and roundabouts time.

I'll play the waiting game for now and search for the adapter plate for the overdrive and that mainshaft in the meantime.

Will do the whole job when all of the bits have been found. I am not doing any rallies, just short trips to see my aging brothers, all within ten miles of me. Breakdowns are covered.

I did once manage to change the gearbox output shaft sitting in the car, but that was on a 1600/6. It was easier to do, however, with the box removed and on the bench when putting the unwanted bits back in the donor car which I then sold.

The long way round is often the quickest way home eh. Like Eastbourne to Folkstone.