2.5L autobox question

JohnD

I have an engine and autobox from a 2.5L saloon.   I don't want the 'box.    I took it off the back of the engine and the torque converter off the flywheel.   Now, how to take off the flywheel?  It so very lightweight that it will distort by vending it with the fingers!!!   It won't take a puller, I'm sure.  Any advice please?

John

If you don't want to distort the flywheel then gently does it. Two lengths of wood, each wider than the block and just thick enough to fit in behind, down between the block and flywheel, as close to the centre above and below as possible. Gently tap each protruding end in turn, towards the flywheel, until it starts to move. It should be a lot less brutal and less liable to cause damage than prising off with metal.

I received much advice, my thanks to everyone, but the true solution is to screw a 5/16" bolt into the small bore at the end of the larger one that takes the spigot of the torque converter.   Only problem is that the bolt needs to be at least 3" long and to have 2" of thread"

I was able to put more thread on a long bolt and use that.   Came off sweet and easy!

John