Bumps, Dents and Grazes.

Wagger

As found, my Vitesse had quite a few blemishes. In the past I have tried several rust remedies. The best was Dinitrol and I coated 'Scabs' on my motorcycle mudguards as a test using it throughout a Winter with no extra coating.

However, I used it on a car and my mate could not weld to it after me coating an edge with it. Had to grind almost an inch of metal away.

I used Hammerite smooth black and white when restoring a motor cycle thirty years ago. I sprayed it all and left it over one Winter whilst doing the mechanics. After assembly, I found that it would take polishing, so long as friction did not heat it up. It lasted well too.

Back to the Vitesse. It is Paint code 19 with Trim 16 on the plate. White with a blue stripe. The 'White' is very close to Hammerite Smooth Cream, so I am treating the 'Scabs' with this after a coarse sanding. I am leaving these over Winter and will experiment with over painting next year when this hardens. It is adequate for underbonnet, floor and inside of doors etc, as it is.

I have yet to find a match for the faded blue and do not want to mask the whole car just to spray the stripes. I have considered sticky backed Vinyl, after all, other trim bits used for years are 'Stick on'. Have any of you tried this?

I am not patient with paint and intnd to conquer this by doing it properly 'Only once' .

Many of you must have done this sort of thing, so, what are the best products to use to renovate blemishes?