Not so new Spitfire owner

stew

Hello all, I was a TSSC member and active in the Norfolk region meets in the mid to late 90's when I had a saffron mk4 spit, a signal red mk2 GT6 and a sapphire blue mk4 spit. Back again now as I've acquired a really interesting mk4 spitfire project.

IMG_20211114_202840.jpg

On 20/11/2021 at 20:10, stew said:

really interesting mk4 spitfire project.

thats Charles Arrowsmiths car  i had a hand in the advert and knew the car 20 years ago when it still awaited fixing 

front chassis grafted on by Jim White  from dunstable   , Son put it in ditch near whipsnade zoo and it never got fixed, she's   bit bent but low mileage and no rust

now have to delete the advert   Pete

you have to contact HQ ive not seen a way to delete a classified you have loaded 

easy add one but less easy to dump it 

something HQ  could make have a think about 

if there  is a way its not self intuitive 

I would be interested in the bonnet is the fit due to tube distortion or the whack has wrecked it 

Pete

On 22/11/2021 at 14:57, Pete Lewis said:

thats Charles Arrowsmiths car  i had a hand in the advert and knew the car 20 years ago when it still awaited fixing 

front chassis grafted on by Jim White  from dunstable   , Son put it in ditch near whipsnade zoo and it never got fixed, she's   bit bent but low mileage and no rust

now have to delete the advert   Pete

Thanks Pete. I was told the incident was around 1988 but there's evidence that it was earlier, possibly around 1982.

As for the damage, well the bonnet doesn't fit and is bent in 3 places, LH front wing, LH just inboard of head lamp, the area that stress cracks - I feel that this may make the bonnet scrap and the rear RH side of the top, I'll try to upload images. I had a measure up of the front hinge boxes and there is a little difference between the hinge boxes but hopefully no more than the factory, I have access to a straight chassis to check. It is pretty rust free but unfortunately there has been damage from storage to the drivers side door and there are a few minor dents here and there, but I think a dent guy could deal with most.

It would be a great basis for a concours standard rebuild, I did promise myself never again.

IMG_20211114_205347.jpg

IMG_20211114_205359.jpg

IMG_20211114_205407.jpg

IMG_20211114_205412.jpg

IMG_20211114_205503.jpg

On 21/11/2021 at 07:25, PeteH said:

Garage won`t stay that clean for long!. Welcome back to the Mad world of Triumphing.

I sometimes thing it`s a case of "Abandon hope (or Sanity) all ye who enter". 🤣

Pete

That isn't anywhere near clean.....

i think the car  was taken by Kingsley and probably not insured Charles had a few bob but just wanted someone to knock it all out for nowt  so repair was a pipe dream for his memory of his wife's car   we did have al local look it over but was all a bit more than he could tackle 

so good luck there's a lot of dings and dents  and panel wonks to sort out , pity its a so near but so far sort of a job that Im sure will grow as you progress

I did have her running  a good few years ago it seemed ok engine wise 

Pete

• 1 year later...

I had to let this go at the end of 2021 due to changing jobs. Things have changed now and I'm looking for another project, this time I'd prefer something running and usable that I can improve. Is there anyway on here that I can place a wanted ad?