Boxing Day morning trip

Colin Lindsay

Baltic but fun!! Completely unintended, I brought neither hat nor coat and the phone was only for emergencies, but I sort of turned left at the garage door and continued on. Very very little traffic on the minor roads, met one cyclist and one horse rider, so headed up along the dual carriageway and into the hills above Loughbrickland, which has an ancient man-made island in the middle. The Mourne Mountains are behind all those clouds in the distance. I was worried about the handbrake holding on that incline (it did, though) so after the photo jumped in, drove off and at the bottom of the hill, the drivers' door swung open on the bend - my fault, I hadn't closed it properly, but rounding a bend, steering and trying to close a door against gravity / centrifugal force is quite entertaining. It became quite cold on the back of my neck and later rained for about ten minutes, but hoods are for wimps. 

I think, as the rain has now stopped and it was such an enjoyable drive, I'll call with the In-Laws in the afternoon as an excuse to get out again.

IMG_1211.thumb.jpeg.d9f1bbd2d8b8a8e48d0030515372be21.jpeg

IMG_1214.thumb.jpeg.154b1ea261bbe3e5928d62bc88098f3d.jpeg

• Like 3