GT6 Mk2 engine

Captain

Hi all,

I've just bought a Mk 1 GT6 for a restoration project. It has a Mk2 engine fitted from new, but at the moment I have no idea whether it turns over, however I intend to have it re-manufactured. After taking off the rocker cover I have discovered that it is missing its rocker shaft and pushrods, which doesn't bode well!

My question is, is it possible to get hold of spare engine parts or might it be a case of getting hold of a replacement engine?

If anyone has restored a Mk1 I'd be delighted to hear any stories or tips.

thanks

Andy

Andy.

You can buy those replacement parts, although you are probably going to have to pay a surcharge on the rocker shaft.

I'm fairly sure that I threw a rocker shaft (RS) + pushrods away recently - if I have not, you are welcome to them; if that helps and may well offset the surcharge. Only postage required.

If you do go for a replacement go to Canley's or failing that Rimmers. I got a new RS from Rimmers for my Vitesse and have to say it's spot-on. 

Regards.

Richard.

Andy.

You are in luck - well 50% !!

I have the RS but not the push rods and to be honest, if you can source new / remanufactured rods, that will be better.

The RS is an original Stanpart item & have checked the pedestal code which is 144974 (plain late) - that is suitable for a Mk2 GT6 BUT NOT a Mk1 as the code for that is 128424 (plain early).

Could this help and if so let me know if you want the item.

Regards.

Richard.