Out in the sun 🌞

cliff.b

Lovely sunny day here but a bit chilly so surprised when Mrs Cliff suggested we take the Spitty out for a drive.

Subsequently, when we were near Peterborough it was suggested that we might as well pop into some shops. I can't help wondering if that was the plan all along and this was all a clever ruse to get me to go with her.

Anyway, it was a nice 50+ mile drive there and back👍IMG_20220130_132451_664.thumb.jpg.d3c5366682aa220699ebb5874c1b2879.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cliff.b said:

Subsequently, when we were near Peterborough it was suggested that we might as well pop into some shops. I can't help wondering if that was the plan all along and this was all a clever ruse to get me to go with her.

Look on the bright side, she wasn't out to buy loads of bulky stuff . . 

5 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Took mine out for a leisurely 20 odd mile run around the local area to blow the cobwebs away. Roof down on car, flying jacket collar up for me. Cool weather but oh so nice, last outing this month I think 😉 

It's looking nice again tomorrow 👍

Unbelieveably we need some rain down here. Was gonna take the Vitesse out but it took too long to check out the insurance breakdown cover and the passenger seat belt is knackered. Had to use the main car.

Good to see an XK140, a Carrera and a load of bikes at the Six Bells, Chiddingly.

A 'Keystone Cops' (American la France?) fire engine appeared there three years ago. Owner said is did 2 miles per gallon!

Out in the Vitesse convertible this afternoon, bit windy but the sun was out, to get rid of old oli and some oil water mixture from my recent error. Just a fourty mile round trip to a disposal site and some country lane and dual carriageway driving.

Did get a remark of goes well from a driver, at the Postwick hub traffic lights, who had followed me down the A47.

Regards

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, mark powell said:

The weather seems set fair tomorrow here in Sussex. There's an Autojumble at Ardingly

Enjoy it! Nothing going round here, no-one seems to have even the most basic of plans for the mid-term let alone the long-term. I wish there was something this side of Easter that I could plan for and look forward to.

Bitterly cold here, a breeze picking up but I managed to cut some grass earlier so the smell of petrol was nice....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Enjoy it! Nothing going round here, no-one seems to have even the most basic of plans for the mid-term let alone the long-term. I wish there was something this side of Easter that I could plan for and look forward to.

Bitterly cold here, a breeze picking up but I managed to cut some grass earlier so the smell of petrol was nice....

Sunny and warmish here this afternoon so out for a nice 20 miles or so to nowhere in particular.

Looking good for tomorrow as well so attending a classic car meet in the morning just outside Peterborough and taking my stepson as he has expressed some interest in it all. 

Happy to give details of the meet to any other members who may be interested in attending. They usually get a good collection of classics but could do with a few more Triumphs.

Very busy at Ardingly Autojumble, sun was shining, so well attended.  'Heep' behaved itself, and generated a few questions, like, "where's the back end gone?" or "what have you done to it?".  

Anyway, good to get out.  A few other Triumphs there, along with a selection of other classics and strange creations.

P2270310.JPG

P2270311.JPG

P2270312.JPG

P2270313.JPG

• Like 3

20 hours ago, PeteH said:

And this was for sale locally recently:-

image.png.6754b2a61ecbd04b696b0e138677e013.pngimage.png.54bd10239bdf316377b686e407f5011b.png

Price was a Bit optimistic?.

Pete

Yikes I thought that was a '2'... 

(I thought this one was the same but it's a slightly different model maybe? Seemingly abandoned on the coast road in Co. Down, been there for ages, they cut the grass round it.)

6445841_20730e10.jpg.cbea6f9f4f74c41d98f5cd5ac0fbabe2.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 26/02/2022 at 17:04, mark powell said:

The weather seems set fair tomorrow here in Sussex. There's an Autojumble at Ardingly, so it will be roof off on the Herald pick-up and hopefully it will behave itself on the trip.  Usually only used for tip runs!  

Where in Eastbourne are you Mark? I live at the North end of 'The Shinewater Lake'.