Drive Your Triumph Day 10 Feb

wimpus

Nice event that you can do from home, in your garage or on a little trip 😄.

Last year 500 people send him pics from all over the world.

So lets mail him some more pics now !

Some explaination:

Rye Livingston of the Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club in Northern California is again organizing Drive Your Triumph Day. 

Some years ago Rye encouraged members of his club to drive their Triumphs on February 10th, to celebrate Sir John Black's Birthday, the man who organized Standard's purchase of Triumph after WW II and went on to make the cars we enjoy driving today.

Drive Your Triumph Day has gained momentum and last year Rye received over 500 photos from all over the world. He's hoping to increase that number again this year!

The concept is straightforward. On Thursday, February 10th, go for a drive in your Triumph.  Take a scenic drive on a country road or out to lunch, to the market, to work, wherever. Go for a drive alone or in a big group from your local Triumph Club. Take your spouse, buddy, child, grandchild or dog; then take a photo. The photo is mainly of the car, and the owner or passenger if possible, ideally in front of a cool spot, landmark, scenic view or in your driveway. If it’s the middle of the winter where you live and your car is in hibernation, or in the middle of a restoration, take a photo of it in the garage. 

The next step is to email a high-resolution photo to driveyourtriumphday@gmail.com, along with some basic information: owner’s name, year and model of car, and place photo was taken (city, state, country). The photos will then be published not only in our club newsletter, but also in USA’s national magazine: Vintage Triumph Registry, and on the Drive Your Triumph Day website: https://driveyourtriumphday.shutterfly.com

• Like 2

herts and beds will be joining the LeaValley TR reg  who have organised   a run starts at Baldock services 11am  for a cross country blast  up to Frosts garden centre for lunch at Brampton hut 

to commemorate John Blacks  reigning years with Triumph 

if i can  get a photo i will post it on 

Pete

Had to do a 100 mile round trip for my younger brother, aged 70 who has cataracts and hearing probs after a Triple bypass. Sadly, too far for a first trial run and did not see a single Triumph. Will have a go tomorrow. I did do 40 yards on Weds in order to adjust the door catches.

Today did not work out. Front carb float valve kept sticking shut. Attempt to clear it worked for five minutes each time. No adjustments on the floats for levelling. Another job for another day. Have to wait tll half term os over now, OH, and Valentine's day.

Didn't get to take mine out this week until today. Clear blue sky, sun & no wind. About 1 hour drive to blow the cobwebs away in both the car and me. Hood down, windows down, flying jacket on with collar up, woolly hat & gloves.

Great little drive on the open roads here, the advantages of living in a rural area. The cost of using the Triumph should be 'prise en charge' by the 'Secu', in other words paid for by the equivalent of the NHS. I felt rough this morning now feel much, much better.

34 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Sadly Not running at the moment

Roger

I lived in Lydd for a short while ten years back. The mainline railway still took the Nuclear waste away even though it was closed under Beeching. They were debating opening it for the Airport which was undergoing improvements for small jets. Diana Dors used to have her cars transported from there to Le Touque on her way to Le Mans. Ashford to London is 20 mins. Lydd to Ashford by road is 35 mins. Another missed opportunity?

A 'Green' colleague, who is also a rail freak, was in a dilemna. Keep the railway open for the airport or close the power station? Closing the power station will result in loss of the railway and employment after 2080. No worries then.

1 hour ago, Wagger said:

I lived in Lydd for a short while ten years back.

Haven't been in Lydd in twenty years but the air used to crackle with all the electricity! You could stick fluorescent tubes in the ground and they'd light up. 

There used to be a cracking pub in the centre somewhere.

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Haven't been in Lydd in twenty years but the air used to crackle with all the electricity! You could stick fluorescent tubes in the ground and they'd light up. 

There used to be a cracking pub in the centre somewhere.

There were several pubs, but half of them had shut down. We used to perform aucoustic sessions in the George Hotel. It has the tallest church in South Kent. My son took me to the 'Other' Dungeness on Longbeach Washington in 2008. A very similar place! Son lived in St Helens Oregon back then.

My brother caught a couple of flat fish there. Opened the fridge in the early hours, they glowed in the dark and were still alive 24 hrs later, Freaky!