TRIUMFEST UK 2016 Goes Retro

Cookie

Are there any dates yet for TriumFest 2016?

I'd like to know as it's the 50th anniversary of the GT6 next year and I'm hoping it's a weekend when I don't have my Kids so I can take the GT6 along rather than the Dolomite for such an auspicious occasion...

Provisional dates for TriumFest 2016 are 2nd and 3rd July.  We are hoping to announce details in November's Courier...........  

Jane,

Why not announce it here on the forum first? I will receive the November issue of the Courier about the same time that you receive the December issue in the UK.

Regards,

Roger.

• 3 weeks later...

Plenty of clues on TSSC facebook groups now, including a new venue ;-), I'm not going to blab where (you can check out facebook to find out if you want to)  but the venue in question already have it listed on their events page although the club haven't announced yet!

TriumFest Uk 2016 will be held over the weekend of 2nd & 3rd July 2016 at Santa Pod Raceway.  

Full details are in November's Courier....... But.......

Camping from Friday (1st) in our own exclusive TriumFest Campsite with our usual Noggin & Natter.

Saturday will be the All Triumph displays, Show 'n' Shine & 50th GT6 Anniversary Displays.... & Run What You Brung up the Strip.  

Evening - Live Band etc.......

Sunday is the Santa Pod Retro Show, open to all classics from 50's - 90's this is their main show day.   with Fairgrounds, BMX Displays, Stock Car Displays, General Classic Traders Auto Solo & Run What you Brung...... with Club displays ........... 

To gain access to the TriumFest Uk at Santa Pod, you MUST pre book through the Club HQ ..... Early Bird discounts if booked by 31st Jan 2016 (£18 for the weekend or £11.60 per day)  or normal pricing is £22 per person for weekend & £14 day ticket.

Keep the weekend 1st - 3rd July 2016 free & look out for the full details in November's Courier........

Cheers

Jane 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The recent thread about the January Editorial, and Triumfest at Santa Pod made me think about, how do I go there?  I'd like to have a run on the strip, but if you are to really put the pedal to the metal, you risk damage to the car.   That's why race cars are always trailered to events,   But a few years ago, Silverback won an 'Engineering Concourse' at Stafford, in the face of strident opposition that lost me the prize when whoever came second realised that I had brought the car on a trailer.   The term "Trailer Queen" cannot have have been worse applied to a car.   

If the TSSC has an Engineering Concourse again, and insists that entrants travel on their own wheels, I shall be in a quandary.     Although SofS isn't as advanced as Silverback was it would still be a contender, capable to getting there and back (it's going to CLM, after all)  but would need the trailer.      Being just a 'guest' in a contest is not something I'll do.

John

John, I have every intention of driving my spit to Triumphfest, and using it on the strip. And letting a friend who helped me with teh car have a go too. In fact he used to be  "street" drag racer, but never raced at Santa Pod (despite being a regular spectator back in the 70's and 80's)

Te car will then go to CLM, and then to the TRR weekend, hopefully doing the TR trackday on the Friday, plus teh CT autosolo which I think is on the friday evening. (no actual firm details yet) on top of that, there is the opportunity to do the MGoT trackday on teh Saturday all at Blyton Park. However, I suspect I will be out of energy and/or money by then!

However, if you are half sensible (questionable as the red mist is bound to descend) and don't drop the clutch with the needle on the red line, you should be OK. Hopefully. 

On another not, I see there is a requirement for helmet and arm restraints on open top cars Doesn't apply to you, but wondering if you have any experience of arm restraints, and how they fit to seatbelts? This topic needs mentioning in the magazine I think, otherwise there won't be be many actual participants on the day

• 2 weeks later...

The Courier advert states 'Pre-book only: pay at the gate prices are higher and will NOT guarantee entry to TriumFest UK area'.

So you can pay at the gate and get into Santa Pod that weekend, but not necessarily the TriumFest zone.

Gully

Shame, I was looking forward going. I first went to the international in 1989, 90 ,91, 92, 93, 94 (all those stickers are still on the car!) then most years since. Only once have I booked when I took modern car and caravan for whole weekend. All others were on spec, often taking my dad or my son as suited for either Saturday or Sunday. I am happy to pay a higher price on the gate, but then to be turned away from TSSC event would be annoying.