Gearbox tunnel

Robin

It will with a fiddle and ifnyou have a fibre cover can wreck the top flange when wagging it around to clear the vent

need to lift the tail end up high and shift the gear stick about

I would take the vent off, its just two nuts and the cable nipple , save a lot of faffing about.

pete

Robin, if you are removing the tunnel cover for any reason, it's well worth taking a little more time and making access provision for your gearbox filler plug; a small, easily removable plate or whatever. It was one of the first jobs I did when I got my car and it has saved soooooo much grief... well worth doing.

post-154-0-33234100-1444044308_thumb.jpg

Hopefully attached is a pic of my solution. Hopefully. But I'm not convinced.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking this lead. I was never able to publish photos on the old site, this is the first time I've tried, no problem at all. Time to say thankyou very much indeed  and  very well done to all involved in the site rebuild!

Edited by derekskill

derek you didnt mention that crafty left foot rest !!!

make the aperture as big a you can when doing this ,, makes for an easy life getting extentions socket , pipe funnels and unmentionable squeezy things ito the gearbox level filler.

I covered mine with the remains of a mud flap to take in some contours 

a well worth while modification

Pete

Pete, you're right, the other thing that i didn't mention is that I went mad and covered it BOTH sides with bitumen-coated sound proofing felt, designed for engine bays. (Done the rest of the car, too) Triumph's attempt at soundproofing was unbelievably crude. Obviously I had to play about with regards to clearances but generally it was easy and straightforward. It's amazing how much quieter the car is but also how much cooler on the feet, too. Great in Summer but it will be a miss in Winter...