Attaching photo's/videos to posts

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Is Android different, tho? I have an iPhone these days, hated the Android when I had it, but never used it for the forum so no idea of how to overcome the 'missing link'.

Should be very similar - even on Chrome on Windows 10, there is a link at the bottom of the reply window to attach/choose files

IMG_3651.jpg

9 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

Thanks. It's an Android phone. When I press the "Add Files" button it changes colour, though nothing else, no access to photo gallery. Am I meant to save the photos as files first, or something?

You may need to go into 'settings' and allow access to your photos; in my Apple phone nearly every app or program has to be allowed to access other parts of the phone. One other thing that's occurred to me - have you pressed the 'add files' button then left it for any period of time? Sometimes a program will try to collect all available material before it gives you the option of which to attach, so while it's searching your phone for all content it might take some time.

I`ve tried on an Old Motorola, but I suspect the Android version is too old?. The same/similar happened with ios 9 on my old i-pad. depends perhaps on how old yours is?.

Was talking to a guy, a few years back who had been "loadmaster" on C130`s. he referred to them as "Fat Albert".

Pete

I have Samsung a12 android and it works fine fir me.

Let me try again now... I hit the add files and immediately get 3 options rolling in from bottom of screen.

Camera, camcorder or files.

Use files and options are images, video, audio etc.

Use images and hunt the picture!!!

The 'other media' option gives two choices to insert attachments or url. I know nothing of these :) no idea.

Thanks Guys, still not working after your info, my phones a Samsung J4, about 14 months old, no idea why not?.

The "choose files" button on my PC  gives me load of options, though would have been handy to use phone for photos and use them straight away, on forum. 

Can try my girlfriends I phone, if need be, so maybe not the end of the world