Vitesse saloon door seals

Iain T

I loosened off the bolts and screw then put a 3mm spacer washer at the bottom of both glass channels. It's brought the top of the quarterlight inboard and looks better. If I add another 2 or three mill washer do you think this is too much? Will it cause problems with the winder mechanism or distort the glass channel? With the addition of the A pillar seal I could have a near wind and water free door aperture! 

Yes the pins did try and escape. 

Iain 

1 minute ago, Iain T said:

If I add another 2 or three mill washer do you think this is too much? Will it cause problems with the winder mechanism or distort the glass channel?

Try it and see, but gauge by feel when it's coming near the limits of distortion; it shouldn't take gorilla strength but see how far it will move without bending under gentle pressure, not force. By checking how the window glass moves up and down you'll be able to judge how much you can get away with, it shouldn't bend so far that it will shatter the glass but it will restrict free movement if adjusted too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're spacing out the bottom fixing of the quarterlight frame, you're not actually bending the glass channel at all. However, you are changing its alignment relative to the rear glass channel, so you may need to put similar spacers behind that one to keep the drop-glass running smoothly.

5 minutes ago, NonMember said:

If you're spacing out the bottom fixing of the quarterlight frame, you're not actually bending the glass channel at all. However, you are changing its alignment relative to the rear glass channel, so you may need to put similar spacers behind that one to keep the drop-glass running smoothly.

I did put the same spacer front and rear to ensure its equally angled over. I'll give it another few mill tomorrow. I'll have to glue or stick two washers together, I've already dropped one washer!