Caliper pad retaining pin.

68vitesse

Brakes on my Vitesse had started squeaking so thought I would give the back of the pads and the shims a light coating of Mintex Cera-Tec, a product recommended on this forum. On removing the front wheels found that the drivers side top retaining pin had gone awol though it took a couple of seconds to convice myself I had not already removed it, l put that down to my age.

Always something.

Regards

Paul.

22 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Brakes on my Vitesse had started squeaking

Paul, so have mine! I noticed when I fitted the Mintex 1144 pads there wasn't an anti squeak pad. Is this required? Did the Cera Tex work? 

As to remembering if you've fitted or lost parts I sympathise. I had to make a note last night to remember to check the alternator cable nut before going for a drive today. When I move the car it nearly always seems to have 'laid' some bits that I lost. Yes it's age! 

Iain 

2 hours ago, Iain T said:

Paul, so have mine! I noticed when I fitted the Mintex 1144 pads there wasn't an anti squeak pad. Is this required? Did the Cera Tex work? 

Never used mintex pads but have always used metal anti squeal shims, out this afternoon brakes quiet on heavy and light braking. Looking at the queues at the pumps think any problem will be going not stopping.

Regards

Paul.

46 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Looking at the queues at the pumps think any problem will be going not stopping

Are the idiots out!?! Do these people ever learn? The reason for the last shortage was panic buying. 

Grrrrrr

Iain 

I'll buy some anti squeel shims on my next round of bits. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Shortage? What shortage? I had thousands.

Mark my words they'll be a run on toilet paper and pasta! Ukraine is a huge grain exporter, I suppose bread will be also be stripped from the shelves! 

Thousands of what? 

16 minutes ago, Iain T said:

Mark my words they'll be a run on toilet paper and pasta! Ukraine is a huge grain exporter, I suppose bread will be also be stripped from the shelves! 

Thousands of what? 

Thousands of everything.... just in case. It wasn't panic buying, it was very deliberate. :)

• Haha 1