Classic car meets near Peterborough

cliff.b

16 minutes ago, Mathew said:

That the thing, every time i start each week its a day later. This week saturday, next sunday and so on. Then if it lands on the day im off as long as i have not been booked to do something! Then there is a good chance.

Well although not announced yet, I would expect the next meet to be on April 24th

7 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

It would be interesting to know what windscreen badges are on the Triumphs and if any relate to the TSSC, Club Triumph or other organisations.

I was looking for TSSC stickers but didn't notice any, although that doesn't necessarily mean there weren't any. Some of the members from Cambridge said they were planning to attend on their Facebook page but as I have never actually met them I can't confirm of they were there or not.

30 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

It would be interesting to know what windscreen badges are on the Triumphs and if any relate to the TSSC, Club Triumph or other organisations.

PVV certainly gets around, I have photos from a local Co Armagh show in 2009 - note the upside-down Triumph badge on the front:

DSCF1444.thumb.JPG.fb2ef9649d820bf09cd81f65a5c1c9c8.JPG

...and again at TSSC Malvern in 2019:

DSCF6945.thumb.jpeg.3bc993d94d6a61903017707b39c8f8fd.jpeg

It's lost the disabled badges but gained a 'Nene Valley' sticker - that's Peterborough area?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

PVV certainly gets around, I have photos from a local Co Armagh show in 2009 - note the upside-down Triumph badge on the front:

It's lost the disabled badges but gained a 'Nene Valley' sticker - that's Peterborough area?

Well Nene Valley is almost exactly where the car meet was so I expect I will be seeing it again.

30 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Aha, looking more closely at the Herald windscreen I spy this610763751_IMG_20220410_111318_8722.thumb.jpg.e817637075ab67cdcde212c16cbc1c88.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at the TSSC Cambridge page again post meet, I believe the Dolly Sprint, The Blue TR5 and the Red Herald are theirs. If so, I believe the Herald has Vitesse running gear.

FB_IMG_1649647748206.jpg.944c2ec5c6f40cb5a427bc1eb9c6b895.jpg

Also, unfortunately, it appears the lovely, and no doubt expensive, TR5 didn't make it home in as dignified s manner as it might have liked 🥺

FB_IMG_1649647515655.jpg.9b1775d3d34a3854b4dc4f8ec39c656c.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cliff.b said:

I believe the Herald has Vitesse running gear.

No, that's the other red Cambridge Herald. The 13/60 is actually a 1500EFI.

Last summer we arranged an outing to join the Norfolk area for fish and chips.

FirstFiveForFish.thumb.jpg.a34e25ef81b2c69ce66359e0799763a0.jpg

Some non-red cars did join us later

15 hours ago, cliff.b said:

I was looking for TSSC stickers but didn't notice any, although that doesn't necessarily mean there weren't any. Some of the members from Cambridge said they were planning to attend on their Facebook page but as I have never actually met them I can't confirm of they were there or not.

The dolly, dark blue TR5 and Red herald convertible were all from the Cambridge area plus the TSSC chairman in a red VW Polo! Not sure if any of our cars have TSSC, CT stickers. A couple of the TR6 guys had done the RBRR so guess are CT members.

Good fun morning with some interesting cars, nice to see a mix range of classics. Bacon bap was excellent.
Would certainly go again.

The Red 13/60 is mine, 1500 EFI (MS3 ECU), mapped ignition, OD, gearbox with GT6 ratios, 3.89 diff. Have owned it for ~15 years. 

Mike

45 minutes ago, NonMember said:

No, that's the other red Cambridge Herald. The 13/60 is actually a 1500EFI.

Last summer we arranged an outing to join the Norfolk area for fish and chips.

FirstFiveForFish.thumb.jpg.a34e25ef81b2c69ce66359e0799763a0.jpg

Some non-red cars did join us later

Ahh, right, would have liked to have seen the EFi setup as I have a 1500 in my Spit. Hopefully will get to do so on another occasion

11 minutes ago, mpbarrett said:

The dolly, dark blue TR5 and Red herald convertible were all from the Cambridge area plus the TSSC chairman in a red VW Polo! Not sure if any of our cars have TSSC, CT stickers. A couple of the TR6 guys had done the RBRR so guess are CT members.

Good fun morning with some interesting cars, nice to see a mix range of classics. Bacon bap was excellent.
Would certainly go again.

The Red 13/60 is mine, 1500 EFI (MS3 ECU), mapped ignition, OD, gearbox with GT6 ratios, 3.89 diff. Have owned it for ~15 years. 

Mike

Hi Mike, I was in the very green Spitfire which does have a TSSC sticker. As I said to NonMember, I would be interested to hear about you setup at some point. 

4 hours ago, cliff.b said:

Looking at the TSSC Cambridge page again post meet, I believe the Dolly Sprint, The Blue TR5 and the Red Herald are theirs. If so, I believe the Herald has Vitesse running gear.

FB_IMG_1649647748206.jpg.944c2ec5c6f40cb5a427bc1eb9c6b895.jpg

Also, unfortunately, it appears the lovely, and no doubt expensive, TR5 didn't make it home in as dignified s manner as it might have liked 🥺

FB_IMG_1649647515655.jpg.9b1775d3d34a3854b4dc4f8ec39c656c.jpg

That TR5 has been completely rebuilt, chassis up,  by the owner. It is fighting back with lots of new parts failing. Yesterday was one of its first runs since back on the road. It was running beautifully..... :( 

Mike

6 minutes ago, mpbarrett said:

That TR5 has been completely rebuilt, chassis up,  by the owner. It is fighting back with lots of new parts failing. Yesterday was one of its first runs since back on the road. It was running beautifully..... :( 

Mike

I feel the pain. Had similar problems last year with having to re-fix the things I thought I had already fixed due to issues with parts. Got there in the end though, until the next time 🙄

17 hours ago, Mathew said:

Im impressed with your knowledge of heralds colin, to not only know seeing a car but to find photos in such a short time!

I go to shows, camera in hand, and take dozens of 'reference' shots... handy for the garage at home when I can't remember how things fit together. I have about 30 years of them; from my first digital camera in 1998 (terrible photos, really small and not great resolution but it was only a 2.3 megapixel version!) so plenty of Herald and GT6 photos going back years. Anything that catches my eye, it's snapped. Many of the cars are like old friends by now. Same in my garage, anything I work on is photographed in case anyone needs to know what the innards look like, or I need it for The Courier. Sadly I never catalogue them so it takes a bit of time scouring thumbnails for the one I want.

19 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Still, with the old photos they were put in album's but were physical. Same album's but now digital the sorting and finding what you want you still have to remember where you put it. Is there a programme that can help? Like storage of your car parts, i know i have it somewhere, its just where!

LOL I tried one years ago that was supposed to sort photos into categories, but most of the time it didn't know what many of the closeups were so they went to all sorts of places including a folder marked ' bin' as the program thought they were badly taken or missing the whole thing.

It also sorted most of my holiday snaps under 'adult' based on the skin tones it picked up in the shot. And NO it wasn't that sort of holiday... :.

Colin - Basic start. Rename the photos by year, month and consecutive number. So today's would look like 2022-04-020 (consecutive number). You can even have a directory for the month and the year!! It takes a little time in the execution and set-up but at least you can pin a picture down to a year and a month.  You can get really technical and group into models etc, but I have found that this basic idea works for me as long as I can remember roughly when I took the photo.

3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

ALL OF THEM???

I'm a great believer in making the machine work for me. When I put my camera's SD card into the PC, the script automatically names the photos as BW suggests and puts them in the right folder. Unfortunately it's not a smart script so it can't tell which ones are of cars.