Central Locking on Spitfire 1500?

Papa Smurf

Hi all, I ventured into removing door card off my Spitfire 1500 to investigate the extent of a rusty door bottom and found what looks like an aftermarket central locking system.  Should I rip out or try to revive?  (Am tempted to rip it out as can’t really see the point of it).

Has anyone seen this before or can identify it?

73473FEF-A593-48FF-91CF-751FBAB637F4.jpeg

bottom line is it is a convertible, if someone wants to break in they only have to pull the hood poppers off and reach in to pull the internal handle, even worse on my mk2 as you can easily take the roof off with the doors locked. Only time that I have had a spit broken into they cut the roof, to grab the speakers (rubbish), doors weren't even locked as I see no point.

I`m afraid the local tearaways never think about the obvious. Doing damage is always part of the "mission", sad reflection of the times we live in.

Linking an alarm to the door switches, is probably the better option, most scrotes never think of climbing over the door?. And at very least might attract attention?. Our next door neightbour some years ago, had his MGB roof slashed, nothing taken. A teacher at the local comprehensive, he reckoned it was one of his students with a grudge?.

Pete

even later car its not the best way i locked my keys inside the 2000 at our duxford show and a 12" bit of packing banding opened the NDV in a few seconds 

feed thro the seal hook the push button , quick tweek and a pull and shes opened hand inside and open the door 

one reason NDV were avoided as part of the antitheft score. (and cheaper if deleted )

Pete

We are already seeing a spike in fuel theft. The latest was some special school minibuses which where drained, they literally punched holes in the fuel tanks and drained into buckets to then fill drums. Several buses had to have the fuel tanks replaced. The thieves climbed a gate to get access. And the fuel they did not get ended in the land drainage system. Big ho ha on local to about it.

Pete

Thanks all, will probably remove them, weight saving might help acceleration 😉.  Need to tidy up wiring as under the dash is a festoon of wires that seem to not lead anywhere in particular.  Think its had various stereos installed and removed over the years.