Spitfire in Blue wanted for film

warrenk

Hi All

I have been asked if I know of any one with a Blue Spitfire in the Leeds / Bradford area that can be used for filming? If you own one or know of any please let me know and I will let you have more details.

Keith (North York’s AO)

If you do go for this, make sure that you read the contract carefully. Make sure that you are correctly insurered and that the contract has a full restitution clause for any damage caused while on set/location or during use, however caused. Film companies are notoriously 'careless' with other people's property and think that anything is their's to do with as they like. Preferably drive it yourself if possible.

we had a vitesse wrecked by a film company working for antics road show 

took club and myself ages to get the car returned a 3 week hire took 7 months to return it wrecked 

rectification took more months     do not give the car to anyone but yourself ( as BW ) says 

this can be a nice idea turns into a major nighmare   do be very careful

Pete

54 minutes ago, DVD3500 said:

Maybe you need to scare up a Messerschmitt.. bubble car 🙂

We were 'buzzed' by one on the way to Goodwood one year. It was crewed by a charming couple in 1950s costumes. Her dress and petticoats completely filled the interior of the canopy, leaving just a small clear patch in front of the driver. 

895509084_Spitfirebuzzed.thumb.jpg.11cf7e210991504c0ca012e7444ba078.jpg

42 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Wonder what antics they got up to?

My Antic is to repeat the nastyside   of dont do it 

Colin  many miles done on a trailer .they strapped it down and fractured the handbrake cable with a wheel strap , tied the broken end bolted with a washer to the floor so the remaining cable only pulled on one wheel !!!  broke all door handles and window winders, bent the hood frame and split the hood  snapped the dash switches 

disconnected the speedo   and lots i dont remember,  they paid for a 3 week hire but took over 6 months to get the car back as a wreck

this was for the Antiques road show  a red vitesse   if those qualify for my Antics  rename  Ha !!

Pete

Right, after all the negative replies we will leave this one, I have had articles on my TR three times as well as on Bangers and cash and all went well but it can definitely have its downside so best that I withdraw this request.

Keith

5 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

this was for the Antiques road show  a red vitesse   if those qualify for my Antics  rename  Ha !!

Was it not Antiques Road Trip (daytime TV) where they used classic cars, as opposed to BBC's Sunday night offering?

Gully

just watching antic road show and guess what the Cobra has a speedo disconnected  

something you see on many of the cars they use 

any cockpit view shows this up 

it is a legal requirement to have a working speedometer

why are they always on narrow single track lanes never on the Open road 

Pete