Vitesse tunnel carpet

Iain T

Please see photos of my tunnel and the loose trim piece that is supposed cover the tunnel edge to floor mat. I don't know if this is  standard but it's always floating about and getting under my feet. A real pain! 

So my thought is to try and find some biscuit coloured (might have to be black) pvc U strip to fit on the edge of the g/box cover and contact glue the strips either side of the tunnel to floor mat. 

Any other suggestions, but keep it simple! 

Iain

IMG_20220322_162319.jpg

IMG_20220322_162636.jpg

11 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Velcro?.

I'm a big fan of velcro but it's how to attach it, my sewing skills aren't good! I've dug deeper and Newton's don't seem to have this loose piece in their kit. I'll phone them tomorrow. 

As I have a T9 gearbox I believe the tunnel is different to standard. 

Iain 

You can get Velcro with adhesive backing. I am currently using it to "stick" some cushions to outdoor seating. It is possible that the "rough" (hook) side may even pick up on the carpet pile without needing the Soft Side?.

Pete

8 minutes ago, NonMember said:

The loose piece isn't supposed to be there. I'd go with sewing or bonding it to the gearbox cover carpet, which is supposed to be wide enough to tuck under the footwell carpet.

I think that's what I'll do, my wife is good at sewing........ Attach it to the tunnel and tuck it under the footwell carpet. I think the colour is called Gold? 

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

the loose bit is 

very odd

Lot's on my car is/was odd! I'm getting through the list. 

I've ordered samples from Coverdale as there isn't anything in the pile of documents that mentions the interior trim😡. If one sample matches I'll order the footwell carpets. As to the tunnel I need to speak with their tech manager as I have the T9 gearbox cover and I think it's different to standard? Please advise. I'll also order the Hardura boot liner as that's also missing. 

As a quick fix I have some velcro hook tape that I'll bodge as best as possible. 

Rotated the steering column today so fingers crossed the indicator stalk will cancel. 

Update, I've found an invoice stuck behind another from Classic Automotive Trim Coventry. Guggled 'em and they still exist! The invoice gives no detail or date just the £1035 cost. I can feel a phone call coming tomorrow...... 

4 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

What   .............. is it stitched in gold thread 

I think that included the non standard Jaaaag mohair headliner, covering the MX5 front seats and the rear bench plus obviously labour.