Nice Original 13/60 Convertible

Gary Flinn

It is a nice fitting hood and no creases or discolouring of the plastic, makes me think the car was stored with the hood up.

Just a general question in passing, I noticed it doesn't have the crossed flags badge. did they stop fitting them at some point to the convertibles? My 1968 model has them but of course there is nothing to prove a previous owner didn't fit them.

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

It is a nice fitting hood and no creases or discolouring of the plastic, makes me think the car was stored with the hood up.

Just a general question in passing, I noticed it doesn't have the crossed flags badge. did they stop fitting them at some point to the convertibles? My 1968 model has them but of course there is nothing to prove a previous owner didn't fit them.

I've posted this image of the last one made before, I can't see any cross flag badges on this one either so probably omitted on the later ones?

All 1971 manufactured Triumphs came with the Leyland Logo badge though, if you look closely you can see them on the last one near the bonnet catches? 

lasttriumphherald-768x527.jpg

44 minutes ago, Gary Flinn said:

I've posted this image of the last one made before, I can't see any cross flag badges on this one either so probably omitted on the later ones?

All 1971 manufactured Triumphs came with the Leyland Logo badge though, if you look closely you can see them on the last one near the bonnet catches? 

Yes, probably omitted when stock ran out near the end of production 🙄 The BL badge - also missing from the one for sale. Knowing Triumph they probably thought 'well as we are now part of BL I guess we ought to put one of their badges on the cars' then went off to the store room to see what they had lots of and then said ' can you put these on as the cars pass through assembly', to which the foreman would have replied 'what about the cars already assembled?' Management reply : 'don't bother, too much hassle' . . . . . They don't build them like that any more (I think) 

41 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Yes, probably omitted when stock ran out near the end of production 🙄 

My latest Herald had no crossed flags; I added one to the driver's side then thought: maybe they didn't actually have them by 1969... so it's got them on one side only, and if anyone can see both sides at once they'll notice.

If someone is looking for a less than cheap 13/60 a friend sent me the following link.

He thinks :

1. I'm very rich

2. Mad

3. Both

***** WARNING****

Anyone of a delicate condition and/or on medication would be advised to have their pills to hand and sit down before looking further - You have been warned

Bon lecture

https://www.lesanciennes.com/annonce/triumph-herald-1969-a426715?ftype=vo&fcat=autos

38 minutes ago, PeteH said:

It`s very pretty. But not 29grand "pretty".

Pete

Spoiler alert... spotted that before I was properly psyched up! You'd think they would have at least replaced the green rubber bumpers, and fitted them properly while they're at it.

Someone will buy that, turn up at an event, announce he spent £29000 approx on it, then wonder why all the sharp intakes of breath... :)

The car is in the possession of The Diss Car Centre.

In a previous life as a Network Engineer "Diss" was a term used by BT engineers "Sorry mate, the line's diss", originally meaning disconnected, but came to mean broken/no good/ineffective.

Can't get passed that! So not for me. :lol:

Doug