No Ashtray in the dashboard

Andrew

OK her is a question 

Why has the Herald 13/60 got no ashtray in the dashboard or anywhere in the car, as smoking was all the rage then.  The previous model had on in the middle which you pull out. 

Good question yes?

Regards

Andrew

Hi

My 13/60 convertible, 1968 model, has an ashtray in the middle top of the Dashboard, there is a flip up lid to it as well. I assume it is standard fitment.

In the owners handbook it is shown on the layout of the dashboard and even listed as item 5.

Hi

My 13/60 convertible, 1968 model, has an ashtray in the middle top of the Dashboard, there is a flip up lid to it as well. I assume it is standard fitment.

In the owners handbook it is shown on the layout of the dashboard and even listed as item 5.

Mine does too. I thought they all did!

Guys guys guys I have just had a blond moment I feel really thick typing this yes my car does have a ashtray on top of the dash as you have explained. What a wally will you all still talk to me in the play ground

Regards to all

Andrew

Guys guys guys I have just had a blond moment I feel really thick typing this yes my car does have a ashtray on top of the dash as you have explained. What a wally will you all still talk to me in the play ground

Regards to all

Andrew

It happens to us all, Andrew - I bought a lovely little aftermarket dashboard-mounted temperature gauge that fits into the hole of the ashtray on the dash top and replaces it with something slightly more useful.... except the Herald 1200 doesn't have one on top of the dash, only the front... later cars do but they have the temperature gauge already.... D'OH!