Spitfire dash top vinyl covering

sulzerman

Hi all

DASH TOP VINYL GT6MK3/SPITMK1V + 1500(815281)

Has anyone fitted one of these? Fits over existing vinyl. What is the fit finish ect like?

Listed on James Paddock and Rimmer's websites

My dash top has been damaged at the paint shop, a top paint job but somehow dash got a knocked, very annoying!

Many thanks

Yes, I have fitted one. And I am happy with it.

Bit tricky to get it under the windscreen seal at the front, I had to trim the original dash pad a little. And the edge you see goes round teh dash pad edge but doesn't quite reach the dahboard itself. This is not visible or obvious ubless you into a very unnatural position.

Buy o pice as I am certain they are all made by te same compny. The TSSC one I got came direct from Fitchetts. 

I've fitted the equivalent hard plastic dash top to a Spitfire Mk3. No problem and it looks okay.

For my GT6 Mk3, I recovered the dash top/crash pad with a soft textured vinyl kit from Owen at Park Lane Classics:

http://www.parklaneclassics.co.uk/Triumph_GT6_Mk3_home_page.htm

It's not hard to fit and there's lots of advice available from Owen. The overall effect is closer to original than the hard plastic version, and the Park Lane kit is much cheaper.

Nigel

Owen's kit is very simple and effective but not practical for a Mk3 Spitfire due to the weird shape. I'd probably opt for it on a square-tail, though, as long as the dash is out (you really need the access, but that's probably true of the hard one, too).

Owens kit worked perfectly on my MK2 spit which has the same crash pad as the mk3. The vinyl is stretch enough to cope with the shape but you do need to take the screen frame off as the vinyl sits under the rear.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2022 at 21:58, Nigel Clark said:

I've fitted the equivalent hard plastic dash top to a Spitfire Mk3. No problem and it looks okay.

For my GT6 Mk3, I recovered the dash top/crash pad with a soft textured vinyl kit from Owen at Park Lane Classics:

http://www.parklaneclassics.co.uk/Triumph_GT6_Mk3_home_page.htm

It's not hard to fit and there's lots of advice available from Owen. The overall effect is closer to original than the hard plastic version, and the Park Lane kit is much cheaper.

Nigel

Didn't know of these, all the interior you need, good shout.