One Owner Vitesse for sale

Gary Flinn

• 2 weeks later...

It’s an interesting proposition but does anyone know what the POA price is? I’ve emailed the seller so might get an answer. If not I will ring tomorrow. Lots of subtle changes and the red oxide fuel tank is a shame but fixable.

2 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

One has vents in the bonnet, and one has a roof.

Yes, because one is a Vitesse and one is a Herald 13/60 for sale in the same auction, that was discussed here a while back. I didn't mean they were both the same car!

I just heard back about the 1 owner white saloon. The dealer is asking £15.5 k for it. Apart from the 1 owner bit I reckon mine is better. Mine is more original (that’s my thing but can appreciate why people improve) very solid and in a better colour combination Royal Blue exterior and Matador blue interior.  I’m asking £14.5k  for mine with some wiggle room.

1E8657E3-F446-48BB-B5FD-1ECED89B5DEE.jpeg

8A69E46B-9F29-491C-872F-BB03A4129AFA.jpeg

FA7F839B-37B0-437F-AE32-B0D2F0A361DA.jpeg

2D7EDE2D-1D71-4A2B-A302-C73C6C2EA060.jpeg

2BB98B51-C0DD-4589-93BF-3A48BB83BF44.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

No, it's the fact that saloons - presumably for a) shelter from the blazing sun and b) more suitable for AC - are becoming more sought after than convertibles... :)

Good point! But it's sure going to get hot in there...........

13 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

No, it's the fact that saloons - presumably for a) shelter from the blazing sun and b) more suitable for AC - are becoming more sought after than convertibles...

Buy a 13/60 they come with air conditioning as the contents page for the owners manual shows. 🙄img009.thumb.jpg.fcc223fa52a5a3d1d2b5aab31cd387ad.jpg 

34 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Push a button for, say, voice activation

When I was looking at  buying my current modern the salesman wanted to show how the voice operated radio option worked. It couldn't understand him - fat chance for me then i thought!

38 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

That's like the dash board of my modern. Push a button for, say, voice activation and a message flashes up that this is not available on your model.

The 13/60 is better than that - there actually is air conditioning - proof below. img010.thumb.jpg.839a72b069c389707e7b739510f757d9.jpg

I particularly like the warning about the 'egress' of air. No problem on my convertible!  

On 09/05/2022 at 14:30, Gary Flinn said:

That looks a gorgeous Mk1 2 litre in my Favourite colour too 

Then just like buses another one turns up?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394062333959?hash=item5bbff20807:g:xdoAAOSwo2didTa2

Fitted with Over-drive a sunroof and the original carpets, seems a bargain

That looks a bit of a bargain. Prefer a MK1 (I know it wasn’t actually designated that title) myself but that’s a cracking car. It would be a pleasure to own that MK2. As an originality nerd it looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

My Vitesse was entered into Brightwells sale today. A very sad day. I’ve included all my spares in the sale in 3 boxes in the boot. Many £100s of pounds worth of unopened spares. I hope Vinny finds a good home.